Wireless Winch Controller?

sm31

I really like having a wireless controller for my Warn 8274 but so far I've balked at the nearly $200 price tag on the Warn wireless kit. As a result, I am now on my 3rd cheapo Amazon wireless kit, and I have finally gotten it through my thick head that having such an unreliable connection to such an amazing piece of recovery gear is asinine, to say the least.

But before I pony up for the Warn wireless kit, are there any other (hopefully cheaper) reliable options out there I should check into? Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
I love Warn and have no negative experiences with them. But the last thing I would want to happen is to have a winch that doesn't work when I really need to. Wireless connections aren't 100%. That's why I've stayed away from that feature myself.

sm31

Good point! I just got sucked into the convenience of the wireless setup... but that winch deserves better. maybe I'll rig a connection in the cab as a compromise.

I think it you just buy the Warn Zeon 10S Platinum then you will get the remote control you want for free. Maybe you should consider that option?

TrailHunter

Hooked
I was going to get the wireless... then had WJCO thoughts as well... plus that's just one more thing to have to charge or check the batteries on.. I didn't know there was a kit you could add. With the kit is it one or the other, or can you use both?

sm31

I think it you just buy the Warn Zeon 10S Platinum then you will get the remote control you want for free. Maybe you should consider that option?

I wonder if it comes with the same Warn remote kit you can purchase separately... The Zeon is awesome but I'll stack my 8274 up against anything Warn has ever made. It'll outlast me for sure. 🍺

I was going to get the wireless... then had WJCO thoughts as well... plus that's just one more thing to have to charge or check the batteries on.. I didn't know there was a kit you could add. With the kit is it one or the other, or can you use both?

I guess it would be possible to wire for both. I'm terrible with electrical work but I can copy if I have a good reference. Then I'd get the best of both worlds! Thanks!

Torrin

I have the wireless dongle for my Warn and it works very well, however, I always carry my wired controller. I love the wireless for moving logs and obstacles around the propery.

CalSgt

Hooked
I have a wireless Warn remote for my 9500XP-s, only issues I've had with it is the remote going to sleep with inactivity. Which causes a little panic and confusion when the time comes to need it.

I usually put the wireless plug on the winch before big trips for just in case I cant get to my wired remote. But end up just plugging in the wired remote if theres more than just a quick simple pull to be done.

Top Bottom