YJ love/hate

pewpew82

Caught the Bug
So, I'm kinda new to the Jeep community. Picked up the JKU for the wife and was interested in a YJ at one point.

I just wondered about everyone's opinion on them.

I know the purists don't like the square headlights. Hell, if I'm wrong on that, let me know.

What seems to be the consensus?

Ddays

Hooked
I dont think the square headlights are as big a deal as it's made out to be. At least nowadays. It was a byproduct of the era - everyone was switching from the mandated round style to the new rectangular ones. The main reason I just picked up my TJ is I wanted the coil spring setup. Nothing wrong with YJ's at all. They're basically warmed over CJ's

I love YJs. The one @wayoflife / @CarsonCindy have is one of my favorite Jeeps. Beautiful classic look.

If I bought one myself, I would get an older white one with a decent tub, throw out the axles and engine, stretch the frame a little and go Tons and crate motor…
Quick google search and I found your next rig. Even looks like it’s for sale too judging by the sign on the windshield…
IMG_2896.jpeg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I love YJs. The one @wayoflife / @CarsonCindy have is one of my favorite Jeeps. Beautiful classic look.

If I bought one myself, I would get an older white one with a decent tub, throw out the axles and engine, stretch the frame a little and go Tons and crate motor…
LOL - thanks! And yes, we love our YJ :)

20200603154141-40454947.jpg

Top Bottom