37" tire on a stock carrier?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Okay so I know it has been done, I know the bump stops need to be extended so the tire is as isolated as possible.

I'm just looking to see if any Wayalifers are running a 37" tire on a stock tire carrier? Let me hear about it.

Webe

It will cause issues with the tail gate hinges unless your just a hiway driver.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I don't even think a 37 will clear the bumper without some sort of extension. My 35 sits on the bumper

10frank9

Web Wheeler
For clarification. I am aware of issues it will cause. It's not the ideal setup. Juts want to know if anyone (besides Bob-O) that is running a 37" tire on the stock carrier?

Edit: and yes I run bumper less.

JK's JK

Banned
I've been told not to run a 37" tire on a factory bumper. The problem will lie when your going over rocks/ wheeling it will tear apart your rear door due to sheer weight of the tire/ rim.

Last edited:

Skid_Kid

Okay so I know it has been done, I know the bump stops need to be extended so the tire is as isolated as possible.

I'm just looking to see if any Wayalifers are running a 37" tire on a stock tire carrier? Let me hear about it.

Brotha! I would worry about it denting your gate! :naw:

ttfhell

I did it for 7-8 months without issue. Kinda touched the bumper a bit for some support. But it might not be the same for your needs as I actually took mine off road versus your driveway;)
It sits lower than an an aftermarket would. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375843031.716393.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375842845.241854.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I did it for 7-8 months without issue. Kinda touched the bumper a bit for some support. But it might not be the same for your needs as I actually took mine off road versus your driveway;)
It sits lower than an an aftermarket would. View attachment 43446 View attachment 43445

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well thanks for the info Mr. Huffington. I think the slabs might be a deal breaker though that an the lack of a Rear bumper to rest on.

By the way what I this "off road" business you speak of???

Top Bottom