Will I need a adjustable trac bar to make align right Teraflex 2 inch-13/4 Budget lif

RUMMY

I just ordered cheap budget lift to give my 13 JKUR a Lil better look with the 285-70-17s on it so does any one have experience with alignment with such a lift because it just keeps rattling around in my head that I should get an adj trac bar to make it right . I don't wont any death wobble issues again like on my 05 LJR

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tranquillity

Death wobble can be caused over time by an improper installation. Adj track bar on that type of lift is not really necessary.

RUMMY

In just wondering how much the axle center shifts between 1-1/2 and 2 inch lift . Well I got my kit today so we will get done measurements

Tranquillity

Well with my 2.5" it came a little off center but not by much (Sorry can't get you a number). Considering that you're getting a smaller lift I doubt it will be noticeable. I guess buying an adjustable track bar will depend on your tolerance with that matter. As for the off center, it won't be a problem while off roading.

:beer::beer:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just ordered cheap budget lift to give my 13 JKUR a Lil better look with the 285-70-17s on it so does any one have experience with alignment with such a lift because it just keeps rattling around in my head that I should get an adj trac bar to make it right . I don't wont any death wobble issues again like on my 05 LJR

Your axle will be a bit off centered but it's no big deal. Any time you load up your Jeep with people and or gear, your axle will be a bit off centered. Just make sure your bolts are tightened to the appropriate torque setting and you should be fine.

RUMMY

Well it's on and axle location did not change from original location . It sits up nice and looks good the ride is the only down fall but that's due to the change in rake of the body and weight distribution . Before ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375999259.770086.jpg - after ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375999293.532484.jpg

RUMMY

Ok so installed the Teraflex 2 inch BB on the rubi and love the way it sits But it has a very harsh ride in the front when going over small choppy bumps and kinda feels like running into a low curb when I hit one or many more since I live in Pa . What can I do to get rid of the impact feeling when going over small bumps ? I'm guessing longer control arms or longer shocks . My JK feels worse than my yj with a 4.5 inch lift . WTH?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Ok so installed the Teraflex 2 inch BB on the rubi and love the way it sits But it has a very harsh ride in the front when going over small choppy bumps and kinda feels like running into a low curb when I hit one or many more since I live in Pa . What can I do to get rid of the impact feeling when going over small bumps ? I'm guessing longer control arms or longer shocks . My JK feels worse than my yj with a 4.5 inch lift . WTH?

Are you running shock extenders?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
If you haven't changed your springs and shocks, your ride should not really feel more stiff unless you have new tires and are running too high of a psi. If you bought the spring leveling kit, welcome to the world of TeraFlex. Their springs are notoriously stiff.

At two inches of lift on a four door I'd be surprised if new front lower control arms would be necessary.

What are your specs? Tires? PSI? Shocks? Specific TF kit?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
34 PSI, still Rubi Shocks (no extenders), and what for the BB? New springs or did you go with pucks?

Atch

You can try loosening all the control arms & trackbars and rock the jeep to help it settle then torque everything up.

RUMMY

I was gonna try the loosen and re torque tomorrow

RUMMY

I'm running 285 70 17 and they road like a caddy before the BB

Tranquillity

When I installed mine it didn't felt any worse on the road. Is it with TF shocks or the extension bracket so you could keep your oem?

RUMMY

The kit doesn't come with new shocks or extensions because of only being 2 inch in front and 1 inch in rear . But I do think that it will benefit from longer shocks at least in front . So I will get some 2 inch longer Bilstein 5100s ordered for the front .

Top Bottom