Winch trouble

simonjk

Caught the Bug
I have a used winch on my new used jkur. It is a warn 9.5 ti winch. But it seems as it is not getting power. I can manually pull it out but nothing else. I followed the wires and they are connected. The controller has no light on it either when I try to use it. Is it a bad motor, solenoid, or something else. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

simonjk

Caught the Bug
I hear nothing. Its like its completely dead

Wizard

I'd be checking for power on the control side of the solenoids. Is there a fuse or circuit breaker for this control side (should be)?

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Idk. I haven't broken it apart yet to check. When I get off work, I am going to try taking the covers off to see. Should there be a control box or fuse or something there?

Wizard

I believe there should be a fuse or circuit breaker on the positive lead to the solenoid control circuit (don't get this confused with the main positive cable leading to the solenoid which feeds the winch motor). Do you have a multiple meter or test light to check for power?

simonjk

Caught the Bug
yes i do. i can check for power when i get home. so the power coming off the solenoid, check that. and check the main power?

Wizard

Just thinking about this a bit more, the solenoid controls on the 9.5 ti probably won't have a fuse or breaker fitted.

Last edited:

David1tontj

Do you have a friend with a warn winch that you can try their remote?? That is a solid winch that shouldn't have problems, but the remote could be crapping out. My brother had a Ramsey winch with a crappy remote that gave these same symptoms. Good luck

Top Bottom