Another wonderful tire thread.

AlaskanRubicon

Hello all

I'm jumping in head first and am looking into a buy set of 35"s for my rig. It's my first mod to my 2007 rubi. My questions are as follows.

1) what BB is best to fit 35"s.

2) opinions on summit mud hogs.

3) opinions on falkin wildpeak a/t's.

4) opinions on hankook dynapro mt rt03's.

On tire opinions please share facts and history as much as possible concerning mileage ware and over all trail, sand and rock use. Everyone likes new tires. Tell me how the were by the time you had to replace them. Know what I mean?

I am lookin for the newer info due to most of the tire reviews I've seen being rather old. And through history, compounds of tires change though the selling name stays the same.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375977785.408225.jpg
These are the hankooks
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375977842.973446.jpg
These are the falken wildpeaks
And I still need a pic of the summit mud hogs.

Thank you for your help, from the Alaskan Aussie.

Sent from space monkeys controlling our satellites! :)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i am unable to help with the actual tire reviews but i can help with the lift question. for 35's all that is needed is a 2.5" lift and flat fenders. i am currently running the teraflex 2.5" coil lift with Bilstein 5100 shocks and i like it. i havent had it off road since its only a few weeks old on my jeep but the on road manners are very good!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
1) what BB is best to fit 35"s.

Honestly, a budget boost is a budget boost and any of them will do the job just fine. I would just look for a kit that comes more on the 2.5" side and comes with new rear sway bar links and brake line extensions.

2) opinions on summit mud hogs.

Sorry, no experience with these.

3) opinions on falkin wildpeak a/t's.

It may not look all that great but, it's actually a good tire that will do well on and off road and will give you much better MPG compared to an MT. You'll easily get 45,000+ out of them.

4) opinions on hankook dynapro mt rt03's.

Not my first choice but, this is a decent tire. Just got to test them out short term and know people with them now so I can't give you long term testing data on them.

FrankenJeeper

I have the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS (same as wild peaks) and I love them so far. They are 35x12.50x17. Great on road and I'm not complaining with offroad other than mud and slick trails. They're not a mud tire by no means but they are a great tire for daily driving and offroading long as you steer clear of mud.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375978684.279177.jpg

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AlaskanRubicon

i am unable to help with the actual tire reviews but i can help with the lift question. for 35's all that is needed is a 2.5" lift and flat fenders. i am currently running the teraflex 2.5" coil lift with Bilstein 5100 shocks and i like it. i havent had it off road since its only a few weeks old on my jeep but the on road manners are very good!

Thanks mate but I'm looking for the budget boost due to the price of the tires here in Australia. Tires I can get for less than a $900 for 5 in Alaska I pay over $1500.00 here.

It's all in the boost to pull this off. Little baby buggy bumpers are all I can afford unfortunately.

When it comes to a lift hands down I will be all over the metal cloak 3.5" game changer like a rat on a Cheeto'

AlaskanRubicon

Honestly, a budget boost is a budget boost and any of them will do the job just fine. I would just look for a kit that comes more on the 2.5" side and comes with new rear sway bar links and brake line extensions.

Sorry, no experience with these.

It may not look all that great but, it's actually a good tire that will do well on and off road and will give you much better MPG compared to an MT. You'll easily get 45,000+ out of them.

Not my first choice but, this is a decent tire. Just got to test them out short term and know people with them now so I can't give you long term testing data on them.

Are the hankooks ugly? The are definitely unique.

Still swaying toward the falkens

Just wanna kno about the summits

AlaskanRubicon

I have the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS (same as wild peaks) and I love them so far. They are 35x12.50x17. Great on road and I'm not complaining with offroad other than mud and slick trails. They're not a mud tire by no means but they are a great tire for daily driving and offroading long as you steer clear of mud.

View attachment 43654

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That us the only thing thAt at's can't do is slick mud. Any at for that matter. That's why jeeps come with winches. If the tire got you out of everything you'd never use your winch. That's only half the fun.

Napalm90

I have heard lots of good things about general grabbers, I see them in the 150-200 USD for 35's here in the states. Should check them out.

Sent via carrier pigeon

JKOUTLAW

cooper stt's hankook dynapro mt, or atm... falken sucks.. poor mileage. too mild of a tread design. imo. summit mud hogs are a very small tire company. the tread design is ok... but failure rate is probably high (slipped belts and such) if you are on a budget. look at treadwright.com thats where im getting my 35's and have no reservations whatsoever about running reatreads... shipping might be your only concern.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I'll chime in about the Falken's. I am running these in a 35" and have been for two years. When I first got the tires they were great. However now that these tires got some mileage on them much of the tread pattern has worn away since the grooves were not full depth. I have around 30k miles on these tires and have done a 5 tire rotation religiously. Currently these tires are terrible on the street and offroad they are just too smoothed out. Also these tires are HEAVY and were difficult to balance. They currently have about 3/16" of tread depth left. I will not be purchasing these tires again.
I will be going with a M/T because a jeep already gets terrible MPG so what's a little worse:) ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376192646.213843.jpg

Last edited:

wanderer

falkens

i have almost 80,000 on mine they are just now down the tread bars quiet but I would something more aggressive for offered now, but for the money they have been the best tire i have ever owned. they perform much better than they appear

10frank9

Web Wheeler
i have almost 80,000 on mine they are just now down the tread bars quiet but I would something more aggressive for offered now, but for the money they have been the best tire i have ever owned. they perform much better than they appear

Do you mind sharing some photos of your tread? I'm curious to see how one person got 30k and you got 80k out of them.

Top Bottom