The Krieger Build

Krieger

Last Friday, I went into EVO to place
my order. What a nerve
wracking moment! It's been something I've been waiting on for two years. EVO is going to do most of the work for me. This way, I know it's right and will ease the worries of having to wonder if it's quality work for such an investment. Now...it's just the waiting game until the parts come in.
The list is as follows:
- EVO Long Arm Kit
- EVO Extreme High Clearance Upgrade Kit
- EVO Draglink Flip Kit
- Front and Rear King Coilovers
- King Bumpstops
- EVO Tire Carrier w/ skins
- EVO 1/4 Pounder Bumper w/ Stinger
- Warn 9.5ti Winch
- ARB Front and Rear Lockers
- ARB High Output compressor
- ARB Diff Covers
- 5:13 gears
- EVO C2 Knuckle Gusset Kit & front 35 spline chromoly shafts
- Dynatrac ProSteer Ball Joints
- ATX Slabs
- Nitto Trail Grapplers 37x12.50x17
- JE Reel 1350 Front and Rear Driveshafts
- EVO Oil pan Skid
I'm planing on installing the tire carrier, skid plate, front bumper, and the winch.
Stoked!

When I placed the order, Mel sent me on my way with the slabs ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376009288.679404.jpg
The week prior was the OC Suds and
Grub. While we were there, I picked up
the ARB Diff Covers from a fellow Wayalifer.
The next few days, I spent some time
sanding them down to get them ready for paint. What a job! It was tough to sand in those little crevices, but not too bad. Then it was a matter of primer, then paint, then 3 coats of clear. As if they'll stay nice and shiny (ha!) I'm happy with how they
turned out. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376009689.676447.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376009701.619715.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376009717.421421.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376009734.138165.jpg

Stay tuned for more.

Formerly SoCaljeeper

Tackerdown

Banned
Thats Awsome its nice to see a build come together after such a long wait. It gives me hope. Looking forward to see some more pics.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Krieger

Thats Awsome its nice to see a build come together after such a long wait. It gives me hope. Looking forward to see some more pics.

Sent from my SPH-L720
Thanks!
Believe me, it was hard to read about all of these rigs being built up, and there I was just telling myself "one day it will be my turn" so hang it there.
One day it will be your turn!

Ken

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Thanks!
Believe me, it was hard to read about all of these rigs being built up, and there I was just telling myself "one day it will be my turn" so hang it there.
One day it will be your turn!

Ken

Who is this Krieger fellow and what has he done with Kenneth?? Haha. Congrats buddy that is quite a build you've got.

Edit: I noticed there's no mention of an axle upgrade. Aren't you in a Sport, or did you already grab a front D44?

Last edited:

MrJ3sser

It's gonna be hard to stare at those slabs everyday until your parts come in. Congrats on the awesome build list. :rock:

Krieger

Who is this Krieger fellow and what has he done with Kenneth?? Haha. Congrats buddy that is quite a build you've got.

Edit: I noticed there's no mention of an axle upgrade. Aren't you in a Sport, or did you already grab a front D44?

Doh! Thanks! Yeah I knew I forgot something. I have a D44 in my garage that I've been sitting on, that's getting in on the action too.

Ken

Krieger

Well, I called EVO today.... And
Not yet.
So after talking with Lisa it's prob going to be a bit. I'm hoping to have it done for Labor Day, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
I did manage to go get the bit for the slabs, and did a little looking around for a inch pound torque wrench for the oil pan skid.

Ken

Krieger

Well today was a good day. I picked up the EVO 1/4 pounder bumper, and installed it all within a few hours. Boy I tell ya it's a tight fit for those bolts.
My hands are too big but after thinking about it over a beer I figured it out. It looks great but empty. I'm still waiting on the stinger and the Warn, but for now its all good. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377227619.515314.jpg
I don't know if all that stuffing is needed
on a bumper that's bulletproof. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377227719.576312.jpg
This bumper is heavy!!!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377227795.757766.jpg
This is the crossmember you gotta cut off to let the bumper slide on.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377227931.890312.jpg
All mounted up! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377227986.183556.jpg
I also picked up the oil pan skid so ill be installing that this weekend.

Ken

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Piece of advice for those that are looking at the EVO bumper and have fat hands.

Install both bumper and stinger together or you will be cutting your fat hands twice. :thumb:

Krieger

The trick was to put the bolt in the socket with a long extension and thread
them that way. Much easier for the bolts, the washers on the other hand that's a different story.
I don't mind doing it again to install the stinger when its finished.

Ken

Top Bottom