Stock Brake line length.

AZDIESELPIG

I dropped my 2013 two door sport off at a local 4x4 shop to have some items installed. I had the RE 3.5" lift installed a few weeks ago but did not have the arms yet. I purchased lower and upper arms from RE, Bilstein 5100 series shocks(didn't like the RE shocks), and RE braided steel brake lines.

The shop calls a few hours later and tells me the OEM front brake lines are longer by about 4 inches than the new steel braided lines I purchased(24" lines). They recommended rerouting the OEM lines and securing them to the shock tube since they are longer. This shop doesn't carry RE and they said they reroute the stock brake lines and mount them to the shock tube on the kits they do sell.

Does this sound right? I had to leave the rig with them over night any way so I was wondering if I should just have them install the new brake lines for the front or get another brand that has a longer line, Apparently rubicon express only sells a 24" front brake line for the JK.

pastorwug

Buying 24" or 30" stainless lines - I'm guessing the 24s are for the front and 30s for the rear?
Or should they both be the same for the 4 inch lift?

Top Bottom