Artillery Fungus Help!!

jkhutchison09

Don't exactly know where this topic should go but I'll give it a shot here. I have been deployed for the past 10 months and will be returning home this fall. Over the spring my Jeep was a victim of Artillery Fungus in which it was covered in spores that resemble tar spots. I am looking for some advice from other Jeep owners that have ran into this issue and what was done to remove them. When I was home for R&R I was not aware of what it was and did everything from washing multiple times to clay barring the entire vehicle. Clay bar removed layers of the spores but still left residue. I have read some articles of home remedies but many sound like they would damage the finish of the Jeep. Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

Army_Vet

Banned
After the clay bar, I think the only thing left to do is to try a pro-detailing place. Thats what I would do.

Millerj87

Ya I think this would be worth the money they will probably buff with a rubbing compound which should bring back your shine

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

jkhutchison09

Sounds like that will be the easiest approach to dealing with it. No idea how much a dealer or detail shop would cost but I'm assuming it's probably not cheap. Rather have it done right and it look good then try something on my own and make it worse I suppose.

it sounds like taking it to a professional detail or paint shop might be necessary. they may need to wet sand and polish the clear coat in order to remove the left over residue. it is probably not going to be cheap though!

andrew-

Top Bottom