Moab and Rubicon

YKPizzaGuy

I hope you guys that have done these trails might be able to help me out. Looks like a few of us might be heading down to run in Moab then over to the Rubicon. Now this is still in the early stages but I am wondering what Kind of Prep and supplies and parts I should bring with me...I have TONS of recovery gear and all that, Im more curious about survival gear and other gear like for the environment...( ie. snake boots ect. ) lol I know it may sound funny asking things like that but its a totally different environment from where I am now ;)

Thanks in advance
Ross

Webe

When are you planning on going? Big thing is to make sure your food is store you food in sealable containers and bring plenty of stuf to drink.

Water, LOTS of it. Haven't been to Moab but all over Tahoe... a Bear bag maybe a good idea, don't leave food/soap/or anything that smells good in your jeep or tent. Chances are you wont see any bears but if they get wind of something that smells good they'll have no problem tearing up you jeep or tent.

Ddog45

Get the Charles Wells guide books for Moab. The town of Moab has everything from good eateries to book stores that sell maps and such. Feel free to pm me we go to moab a few times a year and I can recommend some great areas. Will you be camping or staying in hotels?

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Just bring what you normally camp with to the Rubicon. You may still have snow to deal with that early in the year.

Top Bottom