Advice? To rubi or not...

Masjkf84

Caught the Bug
I'm looking for opinions on trading in my 2012 for a 2013 rubi

The only real reason is I want to run 37s.

I owe 22k on my 2012 and the rubi I'd be buying is 40k

They will give me 32k for my trade in. If I keep the lift on it.

Is this a smarter move or should I just keep the sport and use the difference in what I owe on the cost of a rubi for axles and atlas?

So far I've been told keep the sport and go after market. Just wanting to know others thoughts as well.

Thanks guys!

miguel250r

Do the sport with after market my Rubicon rear locker took a crap and I'm only on 32s I think Ur better off with building up a sport that's my .02

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Heholua

Is this a smarter move or should I just keep the sport and use the difference in what I owe on the cost of a rubi for axles and atlas?

So far I've been told keep the sport and go after market. Just wanting to know others thoughts as well.

Thanks guys!

I would keep and upgrade to a Pro Rock 44 ;) :beer:

DJCFHB

Definitely keep the sport and add aftermarket. I sold just about everything that made my rubicon a rubicon to upgrade to better parts. Stock lockers don't last with 37's. If i had to do it again i would have bought a sport and upgraded it.

jkmadness

I'd go aftermarket. :thumb:

Do the sport with after market my Rubicon rear locker took a crap and I'm only on 32s I think Ur better off with building up a sport that's my .02

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

what i narrowed your post down to is what im doing.

I would keep and upgrade to a Pro Rock 44 ;) :beer:

Definitely keep the sport and add aftermarket. I sold just about everything that made my rubicon a rubicon to upgrade to better parts. Stock lockers don't last with 37's. If i had to do it again i would have bought a sport and upgraded it.

Yeap,Yeap<yeap,Yeap.....couln't agree more :twocents:

KPM171

Thanks guys!

99% of the time, I'm a pro-rubi guy. If you were standing by a Sport and a Rubi brand new and you had cash in hand/no trade, I'd say go for the Rubi so you can get the D44's that can handle 37's and the 4.10's so you can still make it up a hill.

Buuuut, I'm not sure in this case. You'll go from owing 22k to owing 30k and if your only goal is simply to run 37's you'll still need to buy wheels/tires either way. Do you plan to do the work yourself? If so, price out the parts. Do you plan to have a shop do the work? If so, get a price quote on parts and labor. If it'll cost you more than 8k to upgrade your sport to the axles you'll need then perhaps a trade might be the better route. I will say that one of the best things about upgrading your existing rig is being able to pick the gears that are right for the tire combo you plan to run.

The only caveat is if you plan to run a ProRock60 or something more heavy duty than a D44. If you do, then deff stick with your current rig and make sure to pick the right gearing while you are swapping out your axles. Perhaps some 5.13's will keep you humming along? I'll let the fella's with the big boy tires give you their opinions on gearing. :thumb:

Spartan

99% of the time, I'm a pro-rubi guy. If you were standing by a Sport and a Rubi brand new and you had cash in hand/no trade, I'd say go for the Rubi so you can get the D44's that can handle 37's and the 4.10's so you can still make it up a hill.QUOTE]

Like he said 99% of the time I'm pro-Rubi, but I think you would be better keeping you Jeep, and buying Prorocks with ProSteers.

RubyinUtah

Had to reread the original post. Since you already have the newer drivetrane keep the 12 and upgrade.

Last edited:
Top Bottom