Where to live?

Helipilot2

So I am constantly monitoring trips and from the looks of it there is almost nothing going on in Utah. Starting around January I will be working 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off so will have tons of free time. Where would be a good location for active offloading? I really like the weather and scenery here so something similar would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
:thinking:

Are you looking to move?

The only thing like P-town is Seattle. LOL!

Helipilot2

Ya that doesn't bother me at all, I'm moving as soon as I get the new job no matter what. Need to get out of my neighborhood lol

Helipilot2

If I could just pick a place and head there I think I would look real hard at Colorado.

Kind of what I was thinking, any suggestions on what areas to look into? I would like to head over and visit first

13JKUR

Kind of what I was thinking, any suggestions on what areas to look into? I would like to head over and visit first

I've only really been to Colorado once but I would live there in a heartbeat if I could. If it were me I would look in Colorado Springs area, not far from Denver, still a bigger city and not far from wheeling.

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
Yes, I would move to Evergreen CO. It's 30 minutes west of Denver nestled in the front range mountains.

Helipilot2

I've only really been to Colorado once but I would live there in a heartbeat if I could. If it were me I would look in Colorado Springs area, not far from Denver, still a bigger city and not far from wheeling.

Been doing some research and it looks like cold snowy winters and perfect summers, my kind of weather. Colorado Springs looks nice and has some pretty nice places to live in. Population is a little on the high side of just over 400k, I like towns of 30k people haha. I am going to have to save some money here at the start of the year with the new job, sell the Bronco, get a Jeep again FINALLY and take it for a road trip lol.

Helipilot2

Yes, I would move to Evergreen CO. It's 30 minutes west of Denver nestled in the front range mountains.

Been doing some research for that area and apartments seem to be near impossible to find, I do like the population much better tho. Plus its close to Denver and since I will be flying in and out every other 2 weeks it would be convenient to live close. Would really like to find a place with a garage I can park the jeep in while I am gone for 2 weeks, would give me a little more security.

RubyinUtah

Are you in Utah now? There are trail runs here just about every weekend. The local offroad forum has northern and southern trail runs posted. There are always people to run with especially down in the Moab and St George areas.

Of course you cant go wrong with Colorado.

Helipilot2

Are you in Utah now? There are trail runs here just about every weekend. The local offroad forum has northern and southern trail runs posted. There are always people to run with especially down in the Moab and St George areas.

Of course you cant go wrong with Colorado.

Ill have to double check on those runs, I haven't really seen much. I live in Salt Lake City right now and was planning on moving to Cedar City originally but haven't noticed a lot of runs. Your saying in our forums there are a lot of posts?

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

if it were me, and I moved stricktly for wheeling (and guns) I would move to AZ or NV. Colorado and Utah are great, but some serious religious BS with their legislation. If my legislation is influenced by anything, I want it to be the hillbilly lifestyle that I love :rock: (we got :asshat: can we get a little Yosemite Sam smiley?)

yosemite-sam.gif

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Been doing some research for that area and apartments seem to be near impossible to find, I do like the population much better tho. Plus its close to Denver and since I will be flying in and out every other 2 weeks it would be convenient to live close. Would really like to find a place with a garage I can park the jeep in while I am gone for 2 weeks, would give me a little more security.

My wife and I have spent the last four years looking for the same thing you are. We looked at virtually every state in the West including Oregon. We finally settled on.....wait for it.....Evergreen, CO. We broke ground for a small home last week. If you visit the area you'll find the winters are moderate and the summers are fantastic. The Evergreen, Conifer area is small town America. It's so far from Denver, yet so close. It's got Walmart, Home Depot and other big box stores but you gotta drive a little. Perfect, and it's smack in the middle of a wheeling paradise. Check it out on Youtube. No matter where you decide to land...All the best.:yup:

Helipilot2

My wife and I have spent the last four years looking for the same thing you are. We looked at virtually every state in the West including Oregon. We finally settled on.....wait for it.....Evergreen, CO. We broke ground for a small home last week. If you visit the area you'll find the winters are moderate and the summers are fantastic. The Evergreen, Conifer area is small town America. It's so far from Denver, yet so close. It's got Walmart, Home Depot and other big box stores but you gotta drive a little. Perfect, and it's smack in the middle of a wheeling paradise. Check it out on Youtube. No matter where you decide to land...All the best.:yup:

Was looking into Evergreen and was having trouble finding apartments on the internet so I may just have to make a road trip over there at the end of the year and check the area out. I like small towns so it would be better than Colorado Springs I think

Speeddmn

I come to colorado springs at least once a year, if I choose to live here it would be west of town, around the woodland park area. its about 8k foot elevation I think, has the main stream box stores and about a 15 min drive to the springs.

Top Bottom