Yet another tire fitment question...

PilotJK

I want to make sure I got this right. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm planning to replace my 2011 stock 17 inch wheels with Black Rock Viper 900S (17X8 with 4.5 back spacing). Currently, I have 1.5 wheel spacers which makes it virtually 4.75 back spacing? My plan is to get the wheels first due to my budget. Then in the future I will buy 35s.

My questions:

a. Would my current tires BFG 33s (285/70/R17) fit on the wheels I'm thinking of getting?

b. You think it would look real awkward?

I'm open to any suggestions. If anyone have any pictures to share it would be great.

JK Lance

No it won't look awkward, but ditch the spacers. Your 33s will fit on the new wheels just fine.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I want to make sure I got this right. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm planning to replace my 2011 stock 17 inch wheels with Black Rock Viper 900S (17X8 with 4.5 back spacing). Currently, I have 1.5 wheel spacers which makes it virtually 4.75 back spacing? My plan is to get the wheels first due to my budget. Then in the future I will buy 35s.

My questions:

a. Would my current tires BFG 33s (285/70/R17) fit on the wheels I'm thinking of getting?

b. You think it would look real awkward?

I'm open to any suggestions. If anyone have any pictures to share it would be great.

A. yes they will fit

2. as said above ditch the wheel spacers and you will be fine. otherwise it will not look awkward

Cajun JK

Did you pick up those wheels yet? They look sharp. I also like the Intruder from Black Rock also.:yup:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
17X8 is a little narrow for a 35X12.5 I would highly recommend the 17X9.:brows:

Thanks! Had no idea... A future headache has been prevented!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

i have 16x8 with 315/70r16 (35's) mud grapplers wrapped around them. i asked Eddie first if it would work and he said yes. it will work almost like a bead lock and hold the bead really well.

PilotJK

Did you pick up those wheels yet? They look sharp. I also like the Intruder from Black Rock also.:yup:

I got the wheels! I couldn't be happier! Well... maybe get 35s to go with them! LOL
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378694888.539020.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom