M-416 Trailer Wiring

Holmes4x4

For all you trailer guys. I have an M -416 military trailer I need to rewire the lighting for it. (It's being driven cross country) Now my question is should I go with the 7 pin or a 4 pin setup? My understanding is the 7 pin is only used when you have an electric brake axles, which what I plan on doing (next 6th month project) to make it easier on off road situations. The trailer is being built up to be an off road camping trailer. Any suggestions are welcome thanks and happy wheeling!!

Webe

I would go with the 7 pin. Then you can add acc power too down the road. LED area lights & recharge a deep cycle battery.:twocents:

Holmes4x4

Good call I was thinking this also think this running batteries for options on the trailer also running electric brakes on the axle. Now would running it using only wires for the time being cause any problems?

mjbjw

If you want to get bye for now a 4 pin wiring is as follows...22-461=yellow/left...21=Brown/tail...22-460=green/right

Holmes4x4

If you want to get bye for now a 4 pin wiring is as follows...22-461=yellow/left...21=Brown/tail...22-460=green/right

Are you talking about the jeep wiring If so i don't need to worry about that I can get a harness for it either way 4 pin or 7 pin I just want to know if I only running 4 out the 7 wires

mjbjw

Did you remove all the stock wiring off the trailer? If so run new...I was implying, if you had not removed the trailer wires.

Holmes4x4

Did you remove all the stock wiring off the trailer? If so run new...I was implying, if you had not removed the trailer wires.

Old wiring was corroded due to age and being exposed to elements. (Trailer is last serviced in 1960-1970 by the army.) Was just trying to weigh the options between the the best options of a 4 pin or 7 pin wiring setup.

Top Bottom