Steering Stabilizer advice

Aeraun

So I realized I busted my stock steering damper at RC and now I'm looking into a fix. I'm going to get the relocation bracket as I'll probably bust it again on the next trip if I don't. I was going to just get another stock one to use with the bracket but since I can easily bolt on an aftermarket one I figure why not. (My JKU is a lease so drilling and cutting is out of question for now). I went shopping on quadratec and I found a package with the bracket and a fox racing stabilizer that snergey makes which caught my eye. I have also been told the skyjacker one is worth it. Now obviously no matter what I choose its a bit of a shot in the dark since I won't know how they feel until its installed. Any recommendations?

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Honestly you don't even need a stabilizer. The stock one is fine. I run a stock stabilizer with 37s and can't tell a difference.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Aeraun

I also read that for the relocation bracket to put the stabilizer on top of the track bar, that if you don't have at least 2" bump stops then the stabilizer may hit the frame. I have stock bump stops with the 2" pucks - would I have this problem?

TheDuff

I spent $120 on a fox, only for the facts that I blew my stocker, was readily available, and was told its easy to rebuild with basic hand tools, with a gas refill only costing $5. Other than the above stuff and extra bling factor, I can't tell any difference between it and the stocker before it gave the ghost. I drove around for a while with out one, it was fine like that as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Serg5000

Not sure why we would say we don't need it. Jeep engineers figured it into the suspension. Why not at least get a factory replacement. If I had to choose. I would buy one. Whatever one you buy will do the trick.

Aeraun

Yeh I will at least be getting a new stock one. What about it hitting the frame while using the relocation bracket with stock bump stops? Should I forget the bracket as well?

Serg5000

I'm having trouble visualizing what is going to hit what part of the frame.

When I installed a relocation bracket and put a new bilstein stabilizer. The only thing that hit was the bolt holding the shock in place. The bolt was hitting drag link. I just took a grinder and removed about half the bolt head. After all. It's just a stabilizer shock.

Top Bottom