Anything to worry about yet?

IMG_20130810_193438[1].jpg IMG_20130810_193503[1].jpg

I only have 5,500 miles on her. I was looking underneath today and seen oil leaking. pulled the dipstick and it is at capacity.

Any ideas?

Webe

Maybe rear main seal. Still look pretty slow though. If you have a warrentee I'd take it in.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Should be under warranty, Evan with a few small mods??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Key words are "should be". If you're dealership wants to be a jerk, they can void your warranty for pretty much anything they want. Sure, you can fight it but, it's a pain.

O.K. It is the rear main leaking.:grayno: She goes in next week to get fixed.

This dealership was pretty cool, they had it in and out very quickly. The tech even turned out my tpms light and recalibrated the speedo for the bigger tires for me. The service manager said that they like to see people use jeeps as jeeps and not just grocery getters:thumb:

I will be back for sure:cool:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

This dealership was pretty cool, they had it in and out very quickly. The tech even turned out my tpms light and recalibrated the speedo for the bigger tires for me. The service manager said that they like to see people use jeeps as jeeps and not just grocery getters:thumb:

Great news Nubs!!

Spartan

So they can recalibrate the speedo for bigger tires. That's good to know. I asked dealerships about this before, and they said they couldn't do it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So they can recalibrate the speedo for bigger tires. That's good to know. I asked dealerships about this before, and they said they couldn't do it.

They can only recalibrate up to the tallest tire that is sold on new Jeeps. At the moment, that would be a 265. Anything taller and you would need a Flashcal or ProCal to do it.

Spartan

They can only recalibrate up to the tallest tire that is sold on new Jeeps. At the moment, that would be a 265. Anything taller and you would need a Flashcal or ProCal to do it.

On My last Jeep I used a Superchip, but didn't really use it for anthing other the recalibrating the speedo. Tried some of the tunes, and didn't notice much differance, so with this Jeep I'm thinking I'll just recalibrate the speedo. If I'm just wanting to recalibrate my speedo for 35's or 37's would the ProCal be the best was to go?

On My last Jeep I used a Superchip, but didn't really use it for anthing other the recalibrating the speedo. Tried some of the tunes, and didn't notice much differance, so with this Jeep I'm thinking I'll just recalibrate the speedo. If I'm just wanting to recalibrate my speedo for 35's or 37's would the ProCal be the best was to go?

The tech used my ProCal, I was having a hard time with the switches on it. The ProCal is fine for 35's or 37's, the instructions give you the codes for a lot bigger.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

A ProCal or a FlashCal. Both are cheaper and both will get the job done just fine.

Top Bottom