U-Joint Trail Fix

jkjurny

Been doing some research on this. Just want to confirm that you guys bring a U-Joint press as a part of your tool kit? What else is recommended to bring for doing a u-joint trail fix?

FrankenJeeper

I've seen folks use c clamps and different sized sockets, trail vises that go in your 2" receiver, even just a hammer and different sized sockets lol.

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Serg5000

C-clamps suck ass for this. Yes they can work. But it hard to hold everything else and the clamp at the same time. I would suggest a trail vise. That our next tool purchase.

jkjurny

I've done it, it works. Not as easy as this guy made it seem, but, works none the less. I have a trail vice and that works just as well. Good luck with a c-clamp.

For your trail vice, did you build your own? I noticed that Harbor Freight has a hitch vise mounting plate.

Also saw a cool one from Mac, but its pricey. I guess the extra cost is for the bottle opener :)

Rollincoal420

http://youtu.be/8jpME2VD1oA

Haven't seen it on the trail but seems legit.

This is the way I have always done it. On the trail, at home, at the shop. Ive used vices, shop presses, everything except a "ujoint"/ball joint press. Once u get it figured out, I find it to b the least complicated, as long as u don't mind chasing a socket after every swing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom