things to think about if I upgrade to 37s

flotto

I may be trading a buddy of mine my 35s for his 37s so I wanted to know what I need to be thinking about when doing this. I only have about 2" of lift so I know I need to cut my fenders but other than that I'm not 100% sure what I need to do. Or what is going to break if I go bigger. any opinions would be useful.

flotto

I am still completely stock front axel and gears. I've got a 2012 JKU Altitude not Rubicon.

disclaimer: running 37s on your D30 may be hazardous to said D30!!!

but having said that...

so at the very least, you will want to trim your fenders (or buy flat fenders) and gusset your Cs (which you should do on 35s as well)! now after that you will want upgrade your gears to probably 4.88s and maybe upgrade your axle shafts to chromo ones. there really isnt much more you can do to upgrade your 30 as it is small and delicate! just be nice to it and it will be nice to you!

now if you have a few dollars laying around, a PR44 would be a nice addition to your JK and will do everything you want it to do!!!

andrew-

Last edited:

Tranquillity

I think you should stay with 35" for now. If you plan going to 37" it's safe to assume that you wheel enough that you need to beef up your rig. Personally tire should not come ahead of protection and gusset.

Knowing your gearing would help you out to whether or not regear. How does it feel right now when accelerating ?

Atch

A hydro assist kit isn't a must buy but it is something that is highly recommended to allow you to turn much easier. I'd also recommend installing a 3.5" lift kit. 2" and flat fenders would probably allow you to run 37's but you wouldn't be able to articulate a whole lot.

flotto

I think you should stay with 35" for now. If you plan going to 37" it's safe to assume that you wheel enough that you need to beef up your rig. Personally tire should not come ahead of protection and gusset.

Knowing your gearing would help you out to whether or not regear. How does it feel right now when accelerating ?

my gears are on the long list of things to upgrade as I have the 3.21 but i have 2012 so accelerating isnt bad right now.

I understand why I should stay at my 35s but a straight up trade for pretty much new 37s is something I had to think about.

jeeeep

Hooked
it's possible your buddy also realized how much more is needed to run 37's and is trying to push those upgrade on you?? lol
I've been wanting to upgrade to 37's for sometime and getting closer to having everything in place to actually be able to run and use them wheeling without breaking too much stuff...I want to be able to enjoy them and not be in a situation where I have to replace things not in the budget...damn Jeep addicition :crazyeyes:

Millerj87

it's possible your buddy also realized how much more is needed to run 37's and is trying to push those upgrade on you?? lol
I've been wanting to upgrade to 37's for sometime and getting closer to having everything in place to actually be able to run and use them wheeling without breaking too much stuff...I want to be able to enjoy them and not be in a situation where I have to replace things not in the budget...damn Jeep addicition :crazyeyes:

I think your right! Your buddy's in the same boat. He wanted 37's and realized its gonna tear things up "stock" so he's hoping you'll give up the 35" club so he can join :) I say no thanks just my two cents

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

Tranquillity

my gears are on the long list of things to upgrade as I have the 3.21 but i have 2012 so accelerating isnt bad right now.

I understand why I should stay at my 35s but a straight up trade for pretty much new 37s is something I had to think about.

I understand that it's a pretty good deal but if you're on a budget, 37" are still a bad idea in my opinion but anyway.

At least, C gusset. Trim your fenders and don't wheel too hard

DallasJKU

I have C's on my D30 for 35's. I've thought about 37's for awhile, but I don't want to lift much more or cut fenders. Maybe in a year or so, but I've spent $8K in first 6 months of ownership and I would imagine it would cost close to that to do 37's properly.

Top Bottom