ignition problems

dreamcrusher

I'm having problems with the ignition in my jeep. I've got an 07 rubicon with a 6spd and it's not wanting to start at all when you turn the key. It started out with a click a couple of times then it would fire up. But now, it won't even do that. The battery is less then 3 months old, and when you try to do the "hot wire" start with a screwdriver on the starter it'll crank but not kick over. IDK what it is but it's starting to piss me off. Any ideas?

JaySC

Try popping it in Neutral and then back in Park when it acts up.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

miguel250r

I think jeep had a tsb something about the key not grounding out because it has a chip in it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I think even the 07 manual had a sensor when the clutch was engaged to allow it to start, in some of the models you should be able to put it in 4lo and even with the gear engaged you can start it. just don't be too close to run into something.

Zstairlessone

I think even the 07 manual had a sensor when the clutch was engaged to allow it to start, in some of the models you should be able to put it in 4lo and even with the gear engaged you can start it. just don't be too close to run into something.

At least on the 08 with the 4:1 you can start without the clutch in 4-lo (works in first anyway). Believe me, when you start it like this you ain't going anywhere fast.

Top Bottom