35's or 37's

I have 35's on my jeep now which is a rubicon so I have a d44 in front and I have evo c-gussets. I just put a new 3.5 metalcloak game changer lite lift on the jeep and I'm really considering going to 37's what do all you guys think. The jeep is not a DD just use it for offloading to have fun in

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
If you have the money to also do the recommended upgrades I'd say go for it. I didn't so I built it for 35's, but with the addition of cro-mo shafts, gussets, gears, hydro assist we'll be adding 37's. The only thing I'm kicking myself about is going with 1310 drive shafts. I should have just spent the little extra money and gone 1350's. So for now I'll run them and carry extra u-joints or I may sell them and go for the 1350's. We'll see.

snopro

Banned
If you have the money to also do the recommended upgrades I'd say go for it. I didn't so I built it for 35's, but with the addition of cro-mo shafts, gussets, gears, hydro assist we'll be adding 37's. The only thing I'm kicking myself about is going with 1310 drive shafts. I should have just spent the little extra money and gone 1350's. So for now I'll run them and carry extra u-joints or I may sell them and go for the 1350's. We'll see.

I'm running 1310 Coast with 39 Krawlers and no issues. Just stay on top of the inspections and maintence

I think I'm gonna go 37's and just stay with gussets that I already have and I have read stuff that say 4.10's and 37's isn't really that bad with the 3.6 engine. And when and if I break something ill upgrade then

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I'm running a stock D44 up front, 4.10's, EVO C2 gussets, 37's and it is very nice on the 3.6. I had 35's and they left something to be desired. Go 37's the first time.

JAGS

Hooked
Like ready all the comments. I was in a similar choice situation.

Finally decided to go 37s first time around. It's taking me a bit longer to save, but building better/bigger the first time will save money down the road.

Or maybe it cost me money down the road? 😳 Lol.

finger3

I think I'm gonna go 37's and just stay with gussets that I already have and I have read stuff that say 4.10's and 37's isn't really that bad with the 3.6 engine. And when and if I break something ill upgrade then[/QUOTEK

I would consider sleavs or a truss to keep from bending your axle tubes.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I think I'm gonna go 37's and just stay with gussets that I already have and I have read stuff that say 4.10's and 37's isn't really that bad with the 3.6 engine. And when and if I break something ill upgrade then[/QUOTEK

I would consider sleavs or a truss to keep from bending your axle tubes.

Gussets will do just fine. Long as he isn't ripping through washboards. It's been debated and said time and time again, sleeves aren't really needed. The axle tubes I've seen bent have been a result of driving hard and fast over rugged terrain with 37's+. Also the trusses tend to compromise the strength of the tubes inherently by welding them and weakening the steel. A friend of mine has his D44 axle trussed and regrets it as it did in fact warp his axle slightly.

Last edited:

finger3

Gussets will do just fine. Long as he isn't ripping through washboards. It's been debated and said time and time again, sleeves aren't really needed. The axle tubes I've seen bent have been a result of driving hard and fast over rugged terrain with 37's+. Also the trusses tend to compromise the strength of the tunes inherently by welding them and weakening the steel. A friend of mine has his D44 axle trussed and regrets it as it did in fact warp his axle slightly.

That's good to know. I was thinking of adding a truss:doh:

snopro

Banned
A few guys in our group are even running sleeved and gusseted d 30's with 37 and 40 tires. It's the matter the way you drive it. We plan on changing to 60's someday but until we break something.

I'm rebuilding right now for 37's. decided to keep the 44 ( till I break something on it then go 60 up front). Not going to do anything to the rear until I can put full float 80 back there. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376316264.387976.jpg sleeved, gusset's stock 4.10, 3.6 engine, coilovers, 4" long arm (all EVO) and RCV's with Reid knuckles.

snopro

Banned
I'm rebuilding right now for 37's. decided to keep the 44 ( till I break something on it then go 60 up front). Not going to do anything to the rear until I can put full float 80 back there. View attachment 44204 sleeved, gusset's stock 4.10, 3.6 engine, coilovers, 4" long arm (all EVO) and RCV's with Reid knuckles.

I remember when mine looked like that all clean and virginlike!!!

Thanks for all the help guys I'm going 37's And if ibreak something Ill replace it with a d60. I'm going up the rubicon in October so I'll put it to the test then I have 35''trail grapplers now should I stay with those or try something else

snopro

Banned
Definitely stay with Trail Graps. Tey perform great on the road and trail. If you want better performance on the rocks go with Nitto Mud Grapplers.

I really like my BFG Krawlers !!! That us if you have $$$ to burn!!! They perform pretty good though!!!

Top Bottom