MBRP Spare tire relocation bracket

DCR JEEP

I know people talk crap about these but I really can't afford an expensive tire carrier right now. I'm trying to install my pro comp Xtreme mud terrain 315/70/R17 (I hate metric) on a stock 17 inch wheel to my stock tire carrier. Having a hard time believing that it'll work with the back spacing of the wheel. I've heard of people using 1.75" wheel spacers and putting this on the bracket. Can people provide me pictures as well as ideas of which bracket to use and if it'll work.

Your help will be greatly appreciated it!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
-Big E

I know people talk crap about these but I really can't afford an expensive tire carrier right now. I'm trying to install my pro comp Xtreme mud terrain 315/70/R17 (I hate metric) on a stock 17 inch wheel to my stock tire carrier. Having a hard time believing that it'll work with the back spacing of the wheel. I've heard of people using 1.75" wheel spacers and putting this on the bracket. Can people provide me pictures as well as ideas of which bracket to use and if it'll work.

Your help will be greatly appreciated it!!

-Big E

I have heard of others who have used a relocation bracket. If you search retail stores you will be able to find one. I did find a Synergy one for $75.00. It mounts to the stock carrier and moves the spare tire up.

R/
Will

DCR JEEP

I have heard of others who have used a relocation bracket. If you search retail stores you will be able to find one. I did find a Synergy one for $75.00. It mounts to the stock carrier and moves the spare tire up.

R/
Will

Yeah I was looking at the one. After researching I'm going to go with bestop's high rock tire carrier. I'm afraid if I go the cheap way after lengths of offroading it'll eventually snap out of the sheet metal. Thanks for the help!

-Big E

bl17z90

I am running 35" trail grapplers on stockers and i use the synergy bracket. I think for a 315 the carrier you are looking at may not be needed and technically it is still hanging off of the sheet metal. You could save yourself a good bit of cash if you just get a spare spacer. Only thing you need to worry about is are your bump stops long enough.

bl17z90

I just adjusted my tailgate rest point and i didnt see any movement, the true test will be on the wayto work tomorrow, I'll update you the .

bl17z90

So update.

After adjusting the tailgate a little bit, with the bracket down below the latching point on the body of the vehicle itself, i now see very little movement out of my gate. :)

DCR JEEP

So update.

After adjusting the tailgate a little bit, with the bracket down below the latching point on the body of the vehicle itself, i now see very little movement out of my gate. :)

Sorry for the delay guys. I ended up going with the bestop tire carrier. I don't know if smittybilt just came out with that tire carrier but they just did bestop dirty, that's like the same carrier design as bestop's lol. But so far I'm happy with what I got haven't had any problems with it so far. Install was easy! Here's some pics....

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378672622.573103.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378672632.688835.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378672644.272310.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378672664.053093.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378672675.489235.jpg

bl17z90

Not to be a jerk but a nice set of bump stops like the daystars would have held the tire just fine.

Top Bottom