Falken Wild Peak A/T

Jeepin_Jeepata13

I've searched the forum and haven't seen that many users of these tires. I keep hearing better and better things about them and what you's guys (New York accent) opinion on them. All the major magazines did vigorous tests on them and loved them. The only drawback I see really is the weight and the lack of a aggressive sidewall. So what's the deal?

Tackerdown

Banned
I've heard of a few people with them but most are dd, s and not heavy offroaders. Wish I could help you out but I dont know anyone that has really tested them.

Sent from my SPH-L720

FrankenJeeper

I'm running the Rocky Mountain ATS from Falken and love them. My jeep is my daily driver, and unfortunately am only able to go offroad about once a month now, and for that they are great tires in my opinion. Good road manors, and they're not as bad as they look offroad, just steer clear of mud.

2010 JKU
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

dgriz

Yeah, like the other said, great hard surface tire that handles the rain, snow, and ice very well and are super quiet on the pavement. Off-road I have no complaints. They climb all the rocks the guys with M/Ts are climbing. Mine have a few minor chunks missing from the sharp cornered tread pattern and a little rock rash on the sidewall, but plenty of rubber on them after about 20k miles. They are rated for 50k miles and I believe it. My 2 biggest complaints, and they seem to be the same with everyone, is their weight and the mild looking tread design.

Jeepin_Jeepata13

Yeah, like the other said, great hard surface tire that handles the rain, snow, and ice very well and are super quiet on the pavement. Off-road I have no complaints. They climb all the rocks the guys with M/Ts are climbing. Mine have a few minor chunks missing from the sharp cornered tread pattern and a little rock rash on the sidewall, but plenty of rubber on them after about 20k miles. They are rated for 50k miles and I believe it. My 2 biggest complaints, and they seem to be the same with everyone, is their weight and the mild looking tread design.

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is what I'm going with. Did the weight drop your mpg substantially? Also at 240 a tire for 35s I can't beat that with a stick! I just wish the side wall was a little angry.

dgriz

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is what I'm going with. Did the weight drop your mpg substantially? Also at 240 a tire for 35s I can't beat that with a stick! I just wish the side wall was a little angry.

Performance loss was more noticeable than mileage, but going from the stock BFGs to a larger 33" has to take much of the blame.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I've run them for two years now and they have been a great tire. Now that they have some mileage on them they aren't so great. Much of the tread pattern only goes about half depth so once it wears down it leaves you with a pretty slick tire that doesn't work very well on anything on and offroad. These tires have a bit over 30k on them and have been rotated religiously and have about 1/4" of tread remaining.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376529213.403033.jpg

I might be trying the new Toyo open country at2 tires next. They look like a much more aggressive At and toyo gives them 65k tread life. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376530546.574171.jpg

Jeepin_Jeepata13

Oh wow that's pretty bad. Those Toyo's look pretty nice though! Back to the drawing board and thanks for the heads up!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mrmet1983

My gf has them on her TJ and loves them in all conditions.

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

KatRN

Probably doesn't help any but I have had them on my Excursion Limited 4x4 for a couple of years & they work really well on it around the farm & on the highway. I'm an RN & need to be able to get to work in the winter & live out in the boonies & used it when it was too bad for my car; now I will have the JK to use (I missed my CJ7). Of course I have to use load range E on it because of the weight.

I did have to have one replaced the first week I had them due to slitting a sidewall somehow so that definitely is a weak area. The road hazard warranty didn't cover it (the dealer is a friend & did but the factory did not).

JK-JOHN-E

Just got back from the CENTRAL FLORIDA TRAILRIDE, and must say that the FALKEN WILDPEAK AT performed awesome. Tons of sugar sand and more mud than anyone could imagine. Plenty of bumper deep water crossings, also. Give them a try, they are great on the highway also.:yup:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Going to bump this old thread to see what the masses think of this tire now that it has been a while. I am contemplating them because of the sad reality that my rig is mostly a pavement pounder and legal wheeling is over three hours away. Not to mention the tread life is nice. But Im open to opinions.

P.s. this is for if/when I move up in tire size.

Loading please wait....

I know a couple guys that highly recommend them. We live in Vegas and wheel mostly rocks and dirt roads that lead to rocks.

I am looking at these, but leaning more towards fierce attitudes or cooper stt's both which discount is getting to me around 1200 installed with certificates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankenJeeper

I'm still running mine, closing in on 50k on the tires and still some tread left.

Like mentioned before, a lot of the tread goes away after some miles, but im still not complaining since my rig is a DD.

My JK has 4.10 gears, 3.8 and 6 speed, 4" lift, and 35's and I can manage 20 mpg on the interstate feathering the gas. Average around town/highway mix is 17 or so.

More then likely I'll be going back with these or possibly the new Falken M/T soon.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I know a couple guys that highly recommend them. We live in Vegas and wheel mostly rocks and dirt roads that lead to rocks.

I am looking at these, but leaning more towards fierce attitudes or cooper stt's both which discount is getting to me around 1200 installed with certificates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still running mine, closing in on 50k on the tires and still some tread left.

Like mentioned before, a lot of the tread goes away after some miles, but im still not complaining since my rig is a DD.

My JK has 4.10 gears, 3.8 and 6 speed, 4" lift, and 35's and I can manage 20 mpg on the interstate feathering the gas. Average around town/highway mix is 17 or so.

More then likely I'll be going back with these or possibly the new Falken M/T soon.

Thanks to both of you for your input. I think the these will be the tires I get when I upgrade. :beer:

Loading please wait....

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Going to bump this old thread to see what the masses think of this tire now that it has been a while. I am contemplating them because of the sad reality that my rig is mostly a pavement pounder and legal wheeling is over three hours away. Not to mention the tread life is nice. But Im open to opinions.

P.s. this is for if/when I move up in tire size.

Loading please wait....

Had them in 35s wheeled them and daily drive them for two years these tire are good when they are new but after some mileage they turn to crap offroad! I am now running trail grapplers but if I was to choose another A/T I might check out the Nitto Exo Grapplers or the Toyo Open Coyntry A/TII. Also the Falken's are really heavy tires! I would not recommend them. Just wait until after SEMA I'm sure there will be plenty of lifted JKs running all these new A/T tires it will give you a good idea of what you want. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414559139.833531.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414558937.081831.jpg

NAUJK

I didnt read every comment on here. But I know a few people that have run these tires. They are great on and off road for a bit. Once you put some miles on them they wear down to a point where they are very slick almost treadless. Most the people I know that run them have complained about this and regret their purchase. just my :twocents:

Top Bottom