LoD Door Linked Gen3 Full Width Bumper/Tire Carrier vs

Spartan

After having your normal latch closed swingout tire carrier for a few years I'm kind of liking the one handed open idea, so I have been looking into them for my new Jeep. Still not sure they will be as good as the lach closed kinds, but both LOD and Poison Spyder seam to make really good stuff, so I thought I would see what people thought about these to one handed open bumpers. Poison Spyder have a good vid about theirs, but it's hard to find much on the LOD one handed open.

the 2 bumper are:
LoD Door Linked Gen3 Full Width Bumper/Tire Carrier
JK RockBrawler™ II Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier

bl17z90

The lod linked doesnt have as many options as the non linked.

Max tire size
Linked - 37
Non - 42??

Driver side options
Linked - none
Non linked - power tank mount, over under rotopax, 2/3 gallon rotopax, jerry can mount

And i don't think you can get the trail rack with the linked. But I could be wrong :thinking:

Briguy114

You may want to check out the Expedition One linked carrier as well. They have a good youtube video of the install

Spartan

You may want to check out the Expedition One linked carrier as well. They have a good youtube video of the install

Looks a lot like Poison Spiders only with the stock hitch insted of hitch in the bumper. Kind of like the extra clearance of having the hitch in the bumper. I know some people don't like that it's not a "rated" hitch, but from what I have read it's at least as strong as the stock hitch if not stronger. Them not paying $$$$ for a "hitch rating", so the can keep the price of the bumper lower is fine with me.

I have the LOD gen III tire carrier and love it. I am not planning on going any bigger than 37's if I even make it that far. Easy to use and SWMBO likes how easy the rear door is easy to open.

R/
Will

After having your normal latch closed swingout tire carrier for a few years I'm kind of liking the one handed open idea, so I have been looking into them for my new Jeep. Still not sure they will be as good as the lach closed kinds, but both LOD and Poison Spyder seam to make really good stuff, so I thought I would see what people thought about these to one handed open bumpers. Poison Spyder have a good vid about theirs, but it's hard to find much on the LOD one handed open.

the 2 bumper are:
LoD Door Linked Gen3 Full Width Bumper/Tire Carrier
JK RockBrawler™ II Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier

I am sure both are very solid setups. I personally like the styling of the Poison Spyder RBII better than the LOD. Both will hold their value fairly well if you do decide to go to a 40 and want an independent carrier. Another thing to consider... Price. Last I checked the PSC is considerably more, ~$1500 raw, where the LOD is ~$1100 powdercoated.

Good luck with your decision! Be sure to post pictures once you get it! :cool:

Spartan

I like getting bumper and sliders raw. I think a good rattle can bed liner is the best way to go because it's really easy to touch up. Always end up with some kind of rock rash on my bumpers and sliders after a trail, and if you don't cover the shinny metal back up it rusts.

suicideking

Of those two, I'd go with the LOD. They're also supposed to be coming out with a new Armor Lite rear which may or may not have a carrier available. Supposed to be out already. So like usual, not holding my breath... :grayno:

Another option is the Teraflex. Then you can use any rear bumper.

Top Bottom