Evo gussets, is there something wrong with mine?

bl17z90

So here is the picture. You can see the spring would be resting on the top gusset if you jacked the vehicle up and then lowered it onto the welded gusset. Am i missing something here?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376331874.673243.jpg

aaronstephen

I had the same issue. I trimmed a bit on the bottom edge to get them to seat properly.

Since then I have used synergy's c gussetts on my new JK and they fit better. I was told by others, they had a better experience with Synergy's fitting.

Skid_Kid

Mine also touch as do two other forum member friends rigs. Don't stress over it.

Sent from my PRC-119

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Mine also touch as do two other forum member friends rigs. Don't stress over it.
Sent from my PRC-119

What he said. My coil rests on the gusset as well (EVO Plush Ride). Don't sweat it. When I test for my gussets as you did in this photo I was a bit concerned as well. Don't be, once they are welded into place the coil still seats just fine.

jeeeep

Hooked
yea.. mine are still sitting in the box because of the same issue, guess i'll take a shot at trimming them or order the synergy, I'll need to evaluate the time invested in trimming.

bl17z90

I assume it isbetter to have the spring sitting on the gusset rather than the gusset on the spring right?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I assume it isbetter to have the spring sitting on the gusset rather than the gusset on the spring right?

yes of course cause then you know your C is stronger cause the gusset is welded in properly. as everyone said above it isnt a big issue if the spring is touching

10frank9

Web Wheeler
yea.. mine are still sitting in the box because of the same issue, guess i'll take a shot at trimming them or order the synergy, I'll need to evaluate the time invested in trimming.

Why would you trim them? I'll fetch a photo of how they sit.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Here you go: once they are seated and welded in place the coils do sit slightly on the gusset but not to any degree that cutting or modding would be required.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376340127.404607.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376340203.670669.jpg .

mrmet1983

So here is the picture. You can see the spring would be resting on the top gusset if you jacked the vehicle up and then lowered it onto the welded gusset. Am i missing something here?

View attachment 44253

Same happened to mine just grind away about an 1/8 of an inch and u will be fine

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

I am willing to bet that with a few taps with a BFH, that those will seat quite nice. I would try to work the gusset under the coil before I started trimming. Maybe take some of the pressure off of the coil and "slide it in"? Just a thought... BTW, my coils also "touch" the gussets...

Rebel JK

Maybe I went to a lot more trouble than I needed to, but I removed my upper shock nut and sway link and dropped the axle to where I got the spring to loosen up enough to get mine in with a little wiggle and no hammer.

Attachments

• 20130811_131313 (3) - Copy.jpg
    20130811_131313 (3) - Copy.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 202

Tranquillity

I have synergy on mine and it's exactly the same thing. My coils are sitting on the gusset. No worries.

Top Bottom