Knocking noise from front suspention

07rub

could my front sway bar on my rubicon make a knocking noise, everything else is tight so im wondering if that could my motor section make that noise?

GCM 2

What do you do to get it to produce the "knock"?
-does it happen at a stand still while turning the steering left or right
-while driving and turning
-going over bumps, while driving straight

If it is happening while turning the wheel, the easiest thing to do is to have someone turn the steering
(with vehicle parked :doh:), while you listen and hold each steering component, one at a time. You should be able to hear, see and most importantly feel clicks and pops in the track bar, tie rod, drag link, etc. You may even be able to do this with the sway bar.

If its happening under driving conditions, you may need to walk along side to narrow down either suspension, control arms, or sway bar.

Not trying to insult anyone's intelligence, but look for witness marks or shiny spots where parts are contacting places they normally wouldn't.

Good luck, keep us posted :thumb:

07rub

its only when i hit bumps strait, the only reason i suspected my sway bar , its because the noise started when i removed my motor and put the evo plate on, we look at it in the shop and all looks tight so my next plan is to disconnect the bar and see what happens

GCM 2

its only when i hit bumps strait, the only reason i suspected my sway bar , its because the noise started when i removed my motor and put the evo plate on, we look at it in the shop and all looks tight so my next plan is to disconnect the bar and see what happens

I run the EVO manual disconnect too. I will probably say its not the EVO part or the motor of the sway bar. Did you secure the electronic harness that was attached to motor?? Or maybe like you added, it's actually in the unlocked position.

07rub

turns out its actually my sway bar where the links mount at the ends, i dont know how or what happened but the hole got bigger so the link is a bit loose in it so i'm gona have to figure something out b4 the week end to fix it

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
turns out its actually my sway bar where the links mount at the ends, i dont know how or what happened but the hole got bigger so the link is a bit loose in it so i'm gona have to figure something out b4 the week end to fix it

did you make sure to tighten the bolts to the proper torque setting? should be 75 ft lbs

07rub

i did but for some reason they got loose, so im gonna try to use lock tight and maybe a second nut to make sure it doesn't happen again, and one more stupid question for the evo disconnect, where exactly does that washer go?

Top Bottom