Tire Repair/Plug Kit

DJCFHB

So I some how managed to get a bubble in the sidewall of one of my nitto trail grapplers. I've got almost 20k on my tires so really hate to replace that tire so it can be a tailgate ornament. My thought is to get a good tire repair kit, any suggestions on a good kit

Markymark420

No way to fix a sidewall. You might have a chance of getting a warranty replacement.
I have to ask, how the hell did you bubble the sidewall on a Nitto TG?

Sent via Ku SATCOM using the WAYALIFE mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
No way to fix a sidewall. You might have a chance of getting a warranty replacement.
I have to ask, how the hell did you bubble the sidewall on a Nitto TG?

This. No way to fix a sidewall and no way to fix a bubble. A bubble means the steel belt inside the sidewall has buckled. If you have roadhazard on the tire, you may be able to get a warranty on it, but otherwise, change it out ASAP or risk a nasty blowout.

As for the bubble Mark, slamming a big enough pothole will buckle the steel belt on any tire.

DJCFHB

I'm not looking to fix the bubble I'm looking to have a kit incase I puncture one of my other tires

Spartan

You might have a chance of getting a warranty replacement.

I'm not much help with info on a repair kit, but I had 30,000 on my 35in KM2's and it only cost me $50 for a brand new tire. Would have been free, but I wanted road hazard warranty on the new tire as well. I got my tires at Sears, because unlike some places they cover on and off road use if you are getting off road tires.

bl17z90

where did you get your trail grapplers from? If you got them from discount tire, call the rep you delt with if you didn't deal with a rep call this guy.

Ryan Thompson 1-800-589-6789 ext 51832

jmm176

I'm not looking to fix the bubble I'm looking to have a kit incase I puncture one of my other tires

I worked for a tire shop 20 years ago and tech tire repair was one of the best then. Their stuff is pricey and hard to find you might have to go talk to a local mechanic and buy from him.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

DJCFHB

where did you get your trail grapplers from? If you got them from discount tire, call the rep you delt with if you didn't deal with a rep call this guy.

Ryan Thompson 1-800-589-6789 ext 51832

Yeah got the tire from discount tire. I'll give them a call see if they can help me out

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug

This is the kit that I have been using for years. Works very well. Have a lighter with the kit as well. After you put the plug in, dab a bit of rubber cement on the piece of plug sticking out and set it on fire. Let it burn for 5 seconds or so, then blow it out. This will slightly melt the plug and let it sit better.
http://www.amazon.com/Slime-1034-A-...&qid=1376408078&sr=8-1&keywords=tire+plug+kit

DJCFHB

how the hell did you bubble the sidewall on a Nitto TG?

That's what i have been wondering myself. I was under the impression that tires are damn near indestructible, from the way people talk about them.

change it out ASAP or risk a nasty blowout.

changed the tire as soon as i noticed it. Sure don't want a blow out

Last edited:

jkjurny

I have the ARB Tire Repair kit. Haven't had to use it, but it fits perfectly in the rear cubby storage area.

Top Bottom