Another tire question

crowrb29

Thinking about getting 305/75/16s when the tires I have now wear out. From all my figuring that's about a 34x12x16. Can I run this stock with wheel spacers and trimmed fenders without issues?

Briguy114

305/70r16 will turn out to be about 33/12. Should fit on stock height. You will need about 4.5 inches of backspace to avoid rubbing

Edit: Thinking now, I don't know that they make 305/75r16. 305/70r16 = 33x12

crowrb29

So I should be good with em as long as I get wheel spacers, or should I just go with new wheels as well?

Briguy114

Yeah they should fit with spacers, but I would ditch the stock steelies if you can afford to. Of course that's just personal preference, if you like them then you should keep them.

RockyJk

I plan on ditching them, just waiting for the $$ if ya know what I mean.

If you plan on ditching em you should just go up to a 17" wheel will be better in the long run more tire choices and more common size if something where to happen out on a trail and u didn't have a spare…
just my .02

Bonehead

305/70r16 will turn out to be about 33/12. Should fit on stock height. You will need about 4.5 inches of backspace to avoid rubbing

Edit: Thinking now, I don't know that they make 305/75r16. 305/70r16 = 33x12
At stock height the 305/70/16 will rub the rear fenders when stuffed or if you hit a big bump/dip in the road at speed.
This is with 4.5" backspaced wheels too;)

This is what I am running right now:D

Bonehead

Nope

Gonna do something with them , just not sure what yet.
Since its a Sahara, I am kinda unsure on cutting on them as they are painted.

bl17z90

There are a couple guys on here who ran 35's with flat fenders and no lift. I think Frank was set up like that for a little bit when he first got his Rubicon.

Top Bottom