2013 Soft top spring assist hardware.

NY1982JK

So I'm not 100% sure if these screws are on previous models or of they are just on the new spring assisted tops.

But, for the last few days I've had my top down and today had to put it up for an incoming storm. Well, as I went to pull the main part of the top up, it got about half way and completely collapsed on one side. I looked and saw the two screws in the attached picture had COMPLETELY come loose! I checked the other side and they were on the verge of coming out as well.

Now I bought this Jeep with dual tops so I verified when I installed it that these puppies were as tight as I dared without fear of shearing them off. I'm guessing they may just be prone to coming loose if you raise and lower your top a lot like I do. To prevent this from happening again I dropped a little lock tight on the threads to keep them in check this time.

Now I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else but just wanted to share what happend to me. One of those things where I was glad I found it when I did and not when my top goes flying off while doing 65 on the highway lol.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1376453542468.jpg
    1376453542468.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 24
Top Bottom