Requirements for 37's

JKU EXTREME

I have a, basically stock, JKU Sport with a 3" coilspacer lift and a set of 33's, my question is what are the complete requirements, what I absolutely need, to run a set of 37" tires

1BAMFR

3.5" lift
Flat Fender Flares
Bump Stops
Shocks
Wheel spacers OR a wheel that has a lot of back spacing
Front gussets, axles, sleeves OR a ProRock 44/60

JKU EXTREME

Thank you, I felt like I would have to have a Dana 44 in the front, but would any Dana 44 do work, like a used front dana 44 off of a Rubicon?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I got away with a 2.5" coil lift, flat fenders, guessets, and beadlocks on my rubicon and it fits perfectly and only rubs slightly(just need to trim more of the pinch seam)

1BAMFR

Thank you, I felt like I would have to have a Dana 44 in the front, but would any Dana 44 do work, like a used front dana 44 off of a Rubicon?

You could...my brother runs 37's on a stock Rubi Dana44...no issues YET!

I guess it all depends how hard you offroad your Jeep too.

biggy

Also if you want any type of performance a gear swap is needed to compensate for the larger tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I'm running 37x12.5s on stock rubi D44 axles with C gussets. My wheels have 4.75 back spacing but I will be adding 1.5" spacers because they are rubbing the lower control arms and just slightly on the shocks in extreme turns.

I was running 4.10 gears but it was very sluggish. I changed to 5.13 and couldn't be happier. 4.88 will be slightly better for highway and gas mileage since you will have lower RPM than 5.13 at higher speed. If you intend on towing trailers etc. 5.13 will be better because of the slightly higher RPM at higher speeds.

Top Bottom