35's in 15 or 17? Which is preferred?

dgriz

I'm looking at a couple of different tires, but in all cases, it seems the 15 inch tires are around $100 per tire cheaper than the 17's. I could probably justify buying some new wheels with the money I save, but instead of considering that, I want to know what wheel size people actually prefer running on the trails?

However, as a DD and part-time crawler, should I stay with 17's or will 15's be close enough with just a little looser feel on the pavement?

Your input please...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You can always go In between with 16's like I did :D it's another plausible option

Sent from my iPhone

RockyJk

I'm running 35s on 15s and I do like em just wish I would of gone 17's now that I wanna step up to 37's lol

munstie

Personally I say stick with 17" wheels yes they are more expensive but you have more options for tires. And if you go with a 15" wheel, you can run into clearance issues with future mods,draglink flip, bigger brakes.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

dis_dis

Banned
With a 15 you are looking at a bigger chance of popping a bead if you air down alot

That's what happened to me couple of weekends ago lucky for me the guy behind me had a compressor and popped it right back in ...
That being said I am pretty happy with the 35x12.5x15s but will be upgrading to 37s with 17in soon.

Top Bottom