Help

ripperxj

I have a 1998 xj and lost all power after about 2000 rpm's it balgs out it started doing it after i ran sea fome in the gas could any one plz help me thank u

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using WAYALIFE mobile app

my guess is the sea foam collected some junk together and its blocking the flow of fuel needed to pass 2k rpms? maybe a bunch of fine sediment has collectively become one big chuck that is not allowing the fuel need past the fuel filter? thats just a guess based off of how the fuel travels from the tank to the engine. anyone else?

Army_Vet

Banned
my guess is the sea foam collected some junk together and its blocking the flow of fuel needed to pass 2k rpms? maybe a bunch of fine sediment has collectively become one big chuck that is not allowing the fuel need past the fuel filter? thats just a guess based off of how the fuel travels from the tank to the engine. anyone else?

+1 on changing the fuel filters.

If its not the filters then your going to have to drop the tank and see if the sock is clogged up, then i would blow the fuel lines with compressed air from the eng-side back to the tank...

ripperxj

Ok thanks ill have u try that and ill let u guys know what i finde

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using WAYALIFE mobile app

tdijet

Did you find the solution to your problem? I'm sure you found out you can't just "change your fuel filter" on an XJ lol (trust me, learning this one first hand myself)

Top Bottom