Dynomax 39522 install!

tkkim

I just got my dynomax 39522 exhaust.

I saw the install manual at dynomax website.. But it doesn't have any photo..

Does anyone has experience to install this exhaust?

Step by step to remove stock exhaust?

Tackerdown

Banned
Sounds like that pipe goes one way and needs trimmed. (Not sure) is there anything that says for a 2 door verses a 4 door.

Sent from my SPH-L720

SoCalDozer

teh 2 1/2 inches should be off of the short little pipe that comes with your dynomax exhaust kit. and not the flared out end, the other end.

Atch

Before you cut the pipe you may want to see if it lines up already. I was thinking you only need to cut the pipe on the 2 drs.

tkkim

ok guys.

I just called to dynomax and confirmed few things.

the 39522 exhaust is only for 4 doors model. and even 4 door model have to 2 1/2" cut it down.

I think because the intermediate pipe was shared with other muffler...

so.. now have to figure our to cut it down,, I don't have grinder.. so

Robar

The Enforcer
You should be able to cut it with a sawzall or a grinder with a cutting wheel. You can usually pick up a small 4" grinder at Harbor Freight for about $20. A hacksaw will work too, but that is a lot more physical labor.

JK's JK

Banned
I read some forums about the Dynomax set up and one of the guys said make sure to install it first before cutting. I'm glad that I did not cut the 2.5" because I would have been screwed.

tkkim

I did not need to cut mine. Dynomax would have told you the same thing. Sorry I didn't see this till it was to late. View attachment 44658 View attachment 44659
View attachment 44660 View attachment 44661
View attachment 44662 View attachment 44663

But anyway it works now.. Does the length of intermediate pipe can affect sound?

I installed today and i like the sound but it is not same as eddie did to rubicat.

So i guess cuz of intake?? I'll install airaid intake tomorrow. So we will see.

Top Bottom