need advice on jk modiications

simonkc

Hi,*

i need your advise on strengthening my jeep wrangler for offroad use.
I have a 2012 jeep wrangler JK sport 2 door ( pentastar engine). it is currently mostly in stock condition except for a 3 inch suspension lift kit ( ; it has only coil spacers and longer front shocks) and 31 inch 275/70r16 tires.

i live in dubai (middle-east) and here 95% of offroading is desert driving/dune bashing with very little mountain driving. We do not do any rock crawling at all here. Hence my offroading requirements are different from what jeep users typically do. Since sand driving involves momentum and speed, driving offroad puts tremendous pressure on the suspension and other JK parts. In the last two months, i've had one of my shocks broken , my front lower control arm tore off the chassis frame, my front axle has broken.,, etc. Fortinately all the above was covered by warranty and insurance so now my jk is back to stock.

i want to fortify my jk to avoid these things in future..i want your suggestions on what i need to add/modify in my jk to ensure it can take all the beating of desert use.
I am happy with the power and performance of the jk and hence would not want to do any mods to increase power. Also i would prefer not to do any mods which would kill power. i am looking at strengthening and fortification basically.
i am willing to change my existing lift kit if required. My current lift kit, of revtek brand, has coil spring spacers, front longer new shocks with rear factory shocks and factory original springs. i think it is not a good lift kit and was put on by the previous owner.

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
I would look at something like a pre runner kit. Or if you can afford it the double throw down by EVO. Something that's designed for shock at high speeds.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Hi,*

I have a 2012 jeep wrangler JK sport 2 door ( pentastar engine). it is currently mostly in stock condition except for a 3 inch suspension lift kit ( ; it has only coil spacers and longer front shocks) and 31 inch 275/70r16 tires.

i live in dubai (middle-east) and here 95% of offroading is desert driving/dune bashing with very little mountain driving. We do not do any rock crawling at all here. Hence my offroading requirements are different from what jeep users typically do. Since sand driving involves momentum and speed, driving offroad puts tremendous pressure on the suspension and other JK parts. In the last two months, i've had one of my shocks broken , my front lower control arm tore off the chassis frame, my front axle has broken.,, etc. Fortinately all the above was covered by warranty and insurance so now my jk is back to stock.

i want to fortify my jk to avoid these things in future..i want your suggestions on what i need to add/modify in my jk to ensure it can take all the beating of desert use.
I am happy with the power and performance of the jk and hence would not want to do any mods to increase power. Also i would prefer not to do any mods which would kill power. i am looking at strengthening and fortification basically.
i am willing to change my existing lift kit if required. My current lift kit, of revtek brand, has coil spring spacers, front longer new shocks with rear factory shocks and factory original springs. i think it is not a good lift kit and was put on by the previous owner.

If you want to go hard and fast in the desert and have a suspension that sucks that up there is no better suspension, in my opinion than the EVO Mfg. Double Throwdown front suspension with the rear EVO Lever setup. Second to that would be the EVO Mfg. Bolt-on Coilovers. Both options are pricey, but worth it. The Double Throwdown (DTD) and EVO Lever are the top notch offerings by EVO Mfg. The more economical version would be the Bolt-on coilovers.

If those are still out of your budget you can go with the EVO Mfg. Enforcer lift (its what I run). Couple that lift, which is a coil lift, with EVO Spec. King Shocks (2.5 reservoir) and you can do some serious desert driving.

As far as addressing the strength you might consider upgrading your axle shafts and or your front axle housing. Dynatrac Prorock44 with chromoly axle shafts.

Hope this helps. Here is a link to the lifts I spoke of:
DTD/ EVO Lever:
http://offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-LEVER
http://offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-DOUBLEDOWN-FRONT

Bolt on coilovers:
http://offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO.Bolt.On
http://offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO.Bolt.On.R

EVO Enforcer:
http://offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-ENFORCER-KIT

Last edited:

simonkc

Forgot to mention that i recently also bent my front shock and wheel rim when i hit a ditch in the desert.
These are the type of things i would to prevent from happening in the future.
btw, my JK is also my daily drive, hence the suspension should be appropriate for highway use too.

GCM 2

Forgot to mention that i recently also bent my front shock and wheel rim when i hit a ditch in the desert.
These are the type of things i would to prevent from happening in the future.
btw, my JK is also my daily drive, hence the suspension should be appropriate for highway use too.

You need to contact Off Road Evolution, they have built many jeeps (and a full size Chevy truck) for clients in Dubai. There is even a shop in the U.A.E. (probably in Dubai, not Abu Dhabi), so if you contact them, they may be able to give you the info on the shop that is an authorized installer for them.

Off Road Evolution built my jeep, its a daily driver, it is very good in really big rocks, but it also plays well in the sand......

image-2121439037.jpg

image-4077948648.jpg

steve_r2

Hi,*

Simon....drop me a line. I live in Dubai and do plenty of Dune Bashing (Liwa etc etc)......
Out here you really don't need more than 2.5" of suspension unless you really are seriously going for it in which case opens up a whole different setup.
I'm away till the 30th on holiday but feel free to contact me

GCM 2

HTML:
You never pass up a chance to whore out those Pic's of your jeep Jumping, do you;);) Hahahahaha! Good info though:thumb:

Haha! Caught me again brother, I wish I had more people available to snap photos when I wheel but I only seem to get photos that were taken from Wayolife and Bleedbeat. Everyone else is usually driving.....or takes really bad photos!

Top Bottom