Rubi vs non-Rubi springs and shocks

mikefishes

I have a buddy that just bought the shocks and springs from a 4 door rubi. His plan is to replace the shocks and springs from his 4 door non-rubi. He believes he will get better shocks and more lift. My questions are:

1. Will he get more lift?

2. Are there any difference in the shocks?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have a buddy that just bought the shocks and springs from a 4 door rubi. His plan is to replace the shocks and springs from his 4 door non-rubi. He believes he will get better shocks and more lift. My questions are:

i think he will notice that ride quality will be different but gaining hight will be very minimal if any at all i believe

kaptkrappy

1. Will he get more lift? = Maybe/maybe not. The springs are numbered (the last 2 digits of the part number are important - 54-60 rear and 13-19 fronts) the larger the number the taller the spring.
Also, there is no difference between Rubi and non-Rubi springs.

2. Are there any difference in the shocks? = Yes, definitely YES.

The Rubi shocks are red and they are mono-tube, gas charged, variable valved shocks.

The Sport, X, and Sahara standard shocks are black and just plain old hydraulic.

Last edited:

mikefishes

1. Will he get more lift? = Maybe/maybe not. The springs are numbered (54-60 rear and 13-19 fronts) the larger the number the taller the spring.
Also, there is no difference between Rubi and non-Rubi springs.

2. Are there any difference in the shocks? = Yes, definitely YES.

The Rubi shocks are red and they are mono-tube, gas charged, variable valved shocks.

The Sport, X, and Sahara standard shocks are black and just plain old hydraulic.

i think he will notice that ride quality will be different but gaining hight will be very minimal if any at all i believe

Thanks guys!

Top Bottom