Driveshaft ?

Mexican_Guard

If i get a 3" lift with 35"s and my jeep it just my DD for a while (so no flexing or muding) do you think the stock DS would be fine? I have a 2013 2 door standard. i would be upgrading the DS within the following 6 months.

Webe

If you go to a long arm lift you may run into issues. If the lift is mid arm or use you stock arms then you should be fine.:twocents:

Mexican_Guard

If i get a 3" lift with 35"s and my jeep it just my DD for a while (so no flexing or muding) do you think the stock DS would be fine? I have a 2013 2 door standard. i would be upgrading the DS within the following 6 months.

What kind of issues would i run into with long arm? just for future ref.

Atch

You SHOULD be fine for the 6 months but the DS will be at a severe angle so it could go at any moment. If you were to flex with this setup your DS will hit the exhaust crossover.

StrizzyChris

Long arms will do no more for you than adjustable short arms in terms of putting the axle back where it should be. What long arms will do is improve handling of the vehicle by decreasing the steeper angles of the arms and returning the arms closer to parallel.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
A long arm will actually help to save your driveshaft from rubbing as you will have less axle swipe happening.

mrmet1983

Why not just get some exhaust spacers for 50$ also it depends if you have a Manual or auto tranny
Edit: just saw you have a 2 door so I think u will need it either way due to the shorty DS on the 2doors

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Why not just get some exhaust spacers for 50$ also it depends if you have a Manual or auto tranny

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

It's not going to help. You need a new front shaft with 3" of lift. I have the spacers and I still hit the crossover pipe.

Top Bottom