TPMS interchangeable??

Cajun JK

I think I have seen this before just couldn't find it in the tire threads.

Will TPMS from a 2013 work with a 2012? :thinking:

mrmet1983

Pretty sure u can I had tire place take mine off and they said they should be fine

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I have '12 TPMS sensors on my '13 for quite a few miles and my '13 hasn't recognized them. I refuse to go to my local stealership so I am living with the annoyance for now.

mrmet1983

I think it works when u put a 2013 on a 2012 but not the other way around

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

TeamFaust

2013 TPMS work on older models?

I had a similar question as put 2013 wheels with TPMS on my 2008, thought all was good (ran for a few hundred miles) then the other day the low pressure light kicked on...seem to remember reading somewhere that the 2013 not backwards compatible with older models. Can anyone confirm details?

Beyrgut

The 2013 are definitely different from previous since they are wheel independent. Do they work on previous models, I don't know but would think not. My logic is, you have 4 different signals coming in, which one is correct? Taking in consideration of how it was calculated in 2012 or older models.

TeamFaust

Hell, i cant even get a set of 2012 sensors to work on my 2012.

:cheesy:

The 2013 are definitely different from previous since they are wheel independent. Do they work on previous models, I don't know but would think not. My logic is, you have 4 different signals coming in, which one is correct? Taking in consideration of how it was calculated in 2012 or older models.

Makes sense (and assuming actually 5 different signals as spare too).

Top Bottom