Having a problem...

JK'AJUN

So a few days ago, I noticed my gas kind of suffering. On a half of tank, I can make 3 trips to work. What I noticed is that I was only getting 1.5-2 trips. Two days after noticing that, my check engine like came on. I pulled the code and it said P0455 Evap system large leak.

I've looked at the hoses under the hood, since some ppl say the battery can corrode them. But they look new. And I don't feel/see anything with the hoses going to the evap box... Unless there's damage in the hose that runs through the frame rail, but I'm not sure how that would have gotten damaged. I've also checked the seal ring on the gas cap, and that also looks fine.

The only light I've had come on was a few months ago and it was the gas cap light. But that hasn't come back on in the last couple thousand miles. And it hasn't come on with this engine code.

I did notice that the hose going to the evap box can slide closer or further from the box. It was further from the box so I slide it on more. I thought maybe that was the problem, but my buddy checked his jeep and his is the same way. (see picture below to see the connection I'm talking about)

I'm not sure what else to check or do. I'm kind of stumped.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376756893.547750.jpg

Conman

I had the same code when I did my evap relocation. My problem was a loose hose clamp. I have it a couple turns and no problem ever since.

jeeeep

Hooked
have you wheeled recently? possible a crack in the evap itself? using water in a spray bottle, I've located hairline cracks in other things, just use the mist so it covers the evap and look for cracks.

I'd also try a new gas cap.

JK'AJUN

have you wheeled recently? possible a crack in the evap itself? using water in a spray bottle, I've located hairline cracks in other things, just use the mist so it covers the evap and look for cracks.

I'd also try a new gas cap.

No wheeling. Just driving on the road to and from work...

Briguy114

I had a similar problem. Ended up being the leak detection pump on the evap canister. I got a new one from rockauto.com (4B1591) and it fixed the problem. May be worth trying since its a really cheap part

Same code I smacked it a couple times, bunch a dirt came out. I pushed the hoses in more and disconnected the battery and it went away

Out of the hose that I pictured? I bunch of dirt came out of mine too.

I just cleaned that one taking all that jun out and the other hose I just pushed it in if I remember. Then I left the jeep for 15 min disconnected from the battery and it went away and hasn't cane back up

Top Bottom