Opinions wanted on my future build

I have finally came to a point in my life (after many, many years) that I can financially afford to build my dream Jeep. I was just wanting some opinions on what others might change or add that I missed. I have spent countless hours researching and feel I am getting close to having it all figured out.

I just ordered a JKU Rubi so, I will have a little time before I start ordering parts. I probably went overboard on the axles but, hopefully they will be the last set of axles I ever buy. I am also not sure what long arm kit to go with EVO DTD. I am going to start out with 37" tires but, will probably end up with 39's or 40's.

I hit the local trails fairly often which are primarily dirt (no rocks) but, some of them can be challenging. I travel to some places with rocks a couple times a year and I hope to make it to the Rubicon Trail and Moab in the future (if I can find someone to wheel with). The rest of the time I am running around the ranch on dirt roads at speeds that are probably a little too fast. I just wanted to let ya'll know how I use my Jeeps. Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

2014 JKU Rubicon

* White with Black accessories (White fenders)-

Dynatrac ProRock 60 (front) & PR80 (rear)-

* Stub Hub kit
* 8X6.5" Wheel bolt pattern
* Dyna trac Ball joint
* RCV cv shaft
* 68.5" Width (66.5" stock axle)
* 5.38 Gears
* 35 Spline inners and outers
* Full Float rear
* Reid knuckles
* non chromo rears
* ARB's
* KP front?

Wheels

* ???-
* 3.75" to 3.5" backspace

Tires

* 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers-

Bumpers

* Front- Evo 1/4 pounder w/ stinger-
* Rear- Poison Spyder Rock Brawler II-

Armor

* Evo Pro tech skid plates-
* Evo Rock sliders-
* Evo rear corner skins-
* Evo rocker skins-
* Evo Front fender w/armor (2" narrower than stock)-

Suspension

* Evo double throw down system (F&R)-
* Evo High Clearance Long arm kit

sPOD w/ air gauge-

Adam's Driveshafts-

Full Cage-

ARB on board Twin air-

50" Rigid Light Bar-

Warn Winch Zeon 10-S-

Ripp Supercharger

Hydraulic Steering-

Synergy front track bar & Sector Shaft Brace-

Synergy Front track bar relocation bracket-

Synergy Track Bar-

Evo Drag Link Flip Kit-

Currie Tie Rod-

Dynomax Rock Crawler Exhaust-

Last edited:

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
Lol had to try. Hey, do you raise dogs? Your name kind of suggests that you do. If so what breed?

Berzerker

The build looks solid. However I wouldn't go pr80 unless I was pushing 40's and a ton of HP. That's just my opinion.

I used to raise dogs for hog hunting but, I hurt my back and have since stopped doing it. I still have some Pit Bulls and cur dogs around the house though.

The only reason I am thinking I should go with the PR80, is if I end up with a V8 and/or 40's in the future (even if it's not this Jeep). I will more than likely keep the axles I purchase for many years to come.

Berzerker

I grew up in MS/LA so I have raised a few curs in my day. I'm looking for a bloodhound or a blue tick now. I totally get it about the build though. It's going to be a nice ride for sure!

Paisano

I have finally came to a point in my life (after many, many years) that I can financially afford to build my dream Jeep. I was just wanting some opinions on what others might change or add that I missed. I have spent countless hours researching and feel I am getting close to having it all figured out.

I just ordered a JKU Rubi so, I will have a little time before I start ordering parts. I probably went overboard on the axles but, hopefully they will be the last set of axles I ever buy. I am also not sure what long arm kit to go with EVO DTD. I am going to start out with 37" tires but, will probably end up with 39's or 40's.

I hit the local trails fairly often which are primarily dirt (no rocks) but, some of them can be challenging. I travel to some places with rocks a couple times a year and I hope to make it to the Rubicon Trail and Moab in the future (if I can find someone to wheel with). The rest of the time I am running around the ranch on dirt roads at speeds that are probably a little too fast. I just wanted to let ya'll know how I use my Jeeps. Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

2014 JKU Rubicon

* White with Black accessories (White fenders)-

Dynatrac ProRock 60 (front) & PR80 (rear)-

* Stub Hub kit
* 8X6.5" Wheel bolt pattern
* Dyna trac Ball joint
* RCV cv shaft
* 68.5" Width (66.5" stock axle)
* 5.38 Gears
* 35 Spline inners and outers
* Full Float rear
* Reid knuckles
* non chromo rears
* ARB's
* KP front?

Wheels

* ???-
* 3.75" to 3.5" backspace

Tires

* 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers-

Bumpers

* Front- Evo 1/4 pounder w/ stinger-
* Rear- Poison Spyder Rock Brawler II-

Armor

* Evo Pro tech skid plates-
* Evo Rock sliders-
* Evo rear corner skins-
* Evo rocker skins-
* Evo Front fender w/armor (2" narrower than stock)-

Suspension

* Evo double throw down system (F&R)-
* ??? Long arm kit

sPOD w/ air gauge-

Driveshafts-

Full Cage-

Viar on board Constant air-

50" Rigid Light Bar-

Warn Winch Zeon 10-S-

Ripp Supercharger-

Hydraulic Steering-

Synergy front track bar & Sector Shaft Brace-

Synergy Front track bar relocation bracket-

Synergy Track Bar-

Evo Drag Link Flip Kit-

Currie Tie Rod-

Dynomax Rock Crawler Exhaust-

I'd go with the EVO High Clearance Long Arms. Ditch the Ripp supercharger. Go ARB for the on board compressor. I'm pretty sure it's a different Ram Assist for 37's then 40's might want to verify that.

I just sent my Black Lab off to Richard Cole for training. Got me a pup out of the 2011 Champ NFC Watermark's Running Back. Bought him from Tellus Calhound- Sutter Bay Retrievers.
Hope the back is feeling better!

I was thinking EVO had long arms but, I haven't found much on them yet. Will the ARB compressor be able to air up 4 tires if needed? I'm still not sold on the RIPP supercharger but, my buddy has one on his 2010 and it sure is fun to drive.

I am not up my labs but your pup look's to have a good pedigree. I have a 10 month old lab at the trainer now getting ready for duck season. She is out of Grady. It look's like both of our pups have some "Lean Mac" blood in them. Will you run trials or hunt with your lab?

Paisano

I'm not sure I'll have the time to keep training and run trials. It would be nice to get a AFC title to along with a FC on him. Well see if I get motivated and do it. I'll be hunting him for sure, always liked going to Eagle Lake Texas early in the season. I enjoy hunting snows the most.

mrmet1983

from what ive seen ripp superchargers are a BAD idea and u will not need the extra power since u will be getting the 3.6L as far as everything else it looks like ur build will be pretty sick !! id def go with evo high clearance arms i mean why not right ur already going all out and that will be a great addition to double throw down system.

dahreno

Banned
I have also heard superchargers are a bad idea but, have no experience with them . Very hard on the engine . That being said , if you have the bucks and plan a v8 in the future , go for it until the engine dies ! Good luck.

Look's like I will stay away from the Ripp charger. I edited my list to add the EVO long arms and ARB compressor.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I was thinking EVO had long arms but, I haven't found much on them yet. Will the ARB compressor be able to air up 4 tires if needed? I'm still not sold on the RIPP supercharger but, my buddy has one on his 2010 and it sure is fun to drive.

I am not up my labs but your pup look's to have a good pedigree. I have a 10 month old lab at the trainer now getting ready for duck season. She is out of Grady. It look's like both of our pups have some "Lean Mac" blood in them. Will you run trials or hunt with your lab?

I will have the new magnusson supercharger (not my rig) dyno for the pentastar available soon, and rumor has it it will put down at the wheels what a 6.4L hemi is putting down.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I have also heard superchargers are a bad idea but, have no experience with them . Very hard on the engine . That being said , if you have the bucks and plan a v8 in the future , go for it until the engine dies ! Good luck.

Centrifugal superchargers don't do anything for a jeep since they make no power down low. Roots style blowers if properly designed can. I'll have the dyno in around a week.

turbineguy

Looks nice.

But why did you buy a brand new Rubicon and then immediately replace the axles? Seems like you could of bought a sport, unless you really really like electronic disconnects (which will inevitably fail).

That's one expensive hood decal!

Last edited:
Top Bottom