Leveling kit, or 2-2.5 inch lift.

AlamedaJeep

I am am planning on going 33's. I know I do not need much if any lift with that size tire. I would like to keep fenders stock for now. I do how ever want a little bit of lift. I am looking at teraflex performance leveling kit, tera flex 2.5 coil lift, aev 2.5 lift, the jks jspec 2" series, and a rock krawler. With the lift I plan to do everything to correct geometry, and alignment. A spacer lift, and or leveling kit is not out of the question, and honestly I think that maybe I should go for that till I get a bunch more experience under my belt. Do any of you have suggestions, opinions, pure disgust for a particular brand I listed. Thanks buddies for your time.

Briguy114

I am am planning on going 33's. I know I do not need much if any lift with that size tire. I would like to keep fenders stock for now. I do how ever want a little bit of lift. I am looking at teraflex performance leveling kit, tera flex 2.5 coil lift, aev 2.5 lift, the jks jspec 2" series, and a rock krawler. With the lift I plan to do everything to correct geometry, and alignment. A spacer lift, and or leveling kit is not out of the question, and honestly I think that maybe I should go for that till I get a bunch more experience under my belt. Do any of you have suggestions, opinions, pure disgust for a particular brand I listed. Thanks buddies for your time.

You'll be fine with just a leveling kit with 33s. I am kind of curious about the jspec 2 inch lift tho

StrizzyChris

If you are planning to run a 2.5" lift and never go over 35" tires, I would get a good coil lift and set of shocks. A budget boost with coil spacers and shock extensions are fine, but I would rather have a true lift for a couple hundred more that will keep me happy for the life of my Jeep. I have ran a BB in the past and, while it did the job, i can easily say that it leaves quite a bit to be desired. I guess it all depends on your desires and plan going forward.

Oh and of what you mentioned, I would go with rock krawler first and JKS second

crowrb29

I have heard bad things about AEV and flex. For the price I figured it would be a pretty good lift ( the 2.5). Anyone have any experience with it? I too don't plan on running anything more than 33s due to my budget.

Mayday

I ran the RK leveling kit with my stock 32's, then 33" MTZs. It gave the Jeep a nice stance and plenty of clearance. The 33's & leveling kit performed great on the local trails, given my beginer abilities. I've since upgraded to a 3.5" coil lift in anticipation of 37's.

jeeeep

Hooked
you don't tell anything about your Jeep and your profile indicates a Jeep soon... If you plan to get a new Jeep, I would recommend you get familiar with what it can do for the type of off-road (if any) driving you plan to do.
Once you know what you want from your Jeep you'll have a better idea of what you need.
I'd stay away from BB, they always seem to nickel and dime you and by the time you're done you've spent enough that you could've had a nice full lift system.
you don't plan to run bigger than 33's which aren't that much bigger than stock tires

steve_r2

I have heard bad things about AEV and flex. For the price I figured it would be a pretty good lift ( the 2.5). Anyone have any experience with it? I too don't plan on running anything more than 33s due to my budget.

I run the AEV 2.5" and no problem with flex at all......don't know where the reports are about it. I would guess it is people pushing the limits of what the suspension is capable of on whichever terrain. Where I run its ideal.

JKRandall

I also run the AEV 2.5 Lift with zero problems. Not sure where someone heard of the problems, but zero here. Luv it!!!

JKbrick

I have the JSPEC 2" lift, doesn't seem like anyone else on here does, I look all the time and have not ran across anybody else. I can send pics or specs if interested

AlamedaJeep

I should update my profile. I have a 2013 JK sport. I plan on doing moderate trails in the Tahoe and Sierras area. I do not know what the future holds for my wheeling atm. I had a blast the other day going to Hollister Hills park and trying out all sorts of trails. Right now I am sticking to 33's due to the jeep being my DD, and I do not want to regear (3:21) yet. I am thinking that if I put in a nice 2.5 lift if later down the road I want to regear, install lockers, and trim fenders I can rock the 35's.

maidenhell

I have the rough country 2.5" leveling kit(part #634). Easy install(5-6 hours by myself) rides the same as stock and looks great

Before
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376836836.524114.jpg

After
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376836876.348012.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mrmet1983

first lets start off with saying that a 2.5 spring and shock lift is something you can def handle !! it seems harder than it is. I think it all depends on what kind of wheeling you want to do because the stock sport shocks and springs arent exactly the best combo now having said that a 2.5 budget boost with new shocks and springs is an easy way to get a nice lift and have stronger springs and shocks i would just say stay away from teraflex springs if you want a soft ride on road cuz the TF springs are very hard. Looking forward to seeing what your going to go with as my buddy just bought a rough country 2.5" coil spacer BB lift yesterday and hopefully will be installing it for him on thursday.

Rule18

OP - just curious why you're not looking at OME 2.5" kit? I had the HD version on my 2010 and loved it - never had an issue with quality or operation.

JKbrick

Everything I got that was JKS fit perfect and was all very good quality materials, the ride is very nice. I like all of it so far. Next purchase will be replacement adjustable control arms from them

AlamedaJeep

OP - just curious why you're not looking at OME 2.5" kit? I had the HD version on my 2010 and loved it - never had an issue with quality or operation.

OME is a good option. I forgot to list it. I have read the OME kit is very nice, but the lift is considerably greater then advertised.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I currently run the teraflex 2.5 coil lift with bilstein 5100 shocks. Great ride. Not stiff like everyone keeps saying. The Bilsteins are the reason for that.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376880171.052042.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

AlamedaJeep

I currently run the teraflex 2.5 coil lift with bilstein 5100 shocks. Great ride. Not stiff like everyone keeps saying. The Bilsteins are the reason for that.

View attachment 44917

Sent from my iPhone

Looks fantastic. I love those black rock wheels. I have been considering them. How does the jeep run with the 3.73's and 35's? I assume you have a d30 up front. Are you going to beef it up?

Top Bottom