Cloth vs Leather seats

Spartan

I have always got cloth seats because I have 3 kids and I like splashing through streams with the top off with enough speed to get the kids wet in the back of my JKUR.

I going to be getting a new JKUR in a few months and I'm really liking the Rubi X, but not sure about the leather seats. How do leather seats hold up to getting wet?

Would I be better off selling the leather seats and putting in Master Craft or some kind of other cloth seats?

Spartan

It's not like I'm going in deep water. It worst I ever got was half way up my 35's, but even with 8in of water, you can get a good splash if you hit it at speed.

Tranquillity

It's easier to clean leather seats than cloth, specially dust. Water won't be a problem with leather either. The only downside was that mine "cracked" over time from getting in and out... Chrysler changed it under warranty without any problem and they seems to be better quality too.

Spartan

Do you have a problem with then getting to hot sit on if it has been sitting topless in the sun for a while?

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Leather is skin, so if you keep them properly nourished they'll last a very long time. Living in Arizona I think I can speak about HOT leather seats. They are colder in the winter and hotter in the summer than cloth. Even though I live two doors from Hell I wouldn't walk away from a Rubi equipped with leather bun platforms.:yup:

Rubycon

i got the ruby ten year. is that the ruby x? i love the leather in mine. it gets warm in sun but cools off quickly like any other car that sits in the sun i guess. cleans reall easy but ive only had it dusty. no mud yet. the only thing i worry about is the edge by the recliner lever. getting out i tend to "slide" off the seat. this area is probly very prone to tearing over time ii may put something their to give it more cushion against the handle.

MTG

Caught the Bug
If you have kids you need leather. Cleans so much easier. As above you just have to keep them in good condition. Buy some seat cleaner/conditioner and give them a good wipe down every now and then. 👍

Spartan

i got the ruby ten year. is that the ruby x? i love the leather in mine. it gets warm in sun but cools off quickly like any other car that sits in the sun i guess. cleans reall easy but ive only had it dusty. no mud yet. the only thing i worry about is the edge by the recliner lever. getting out i tend to "slide" off the seat. this area is probly very prone to tearing over time ii may put something their to give it more cushion against the handle.

Rumor has it that the Rubi X will a Rubi 10 with black seats.

mrmet1983

i have a rubi with leather and i love the leather everything wipes off with a wet paper towel. No stains or anything and unlike cloth seats if they get wet they usually wont smell after

Budman

On my 4th Wrangler and 1st Rubicon with leather. I did not want the leather at first but now I love it, so easy to clean spills off and easy to take care of. I use ArmorAll leather care gel, da best! Would never go back to cloth again! •|||||||•

Top Bottom