Flash Cal question

Trembley

I feel like this is a noob question, but I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

When adjusting for tire size...should I just continue to adjust it to whatever size makes my speedo correct? or stick with the measurement that I get via superchips recommended method?

I measured using their method and came out to a size that had my speedo way off over estimating my speed so I started to adjust it back down to accuracy via my gps mph.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Ben

Trembley

I got the framing square out put it on the tire and then measured to the bottom of it...like in the little diagram they send you with the flash cal.

I have 35" Toyo OC MT's so there is that lug on the sidewall of the tire and then the shoulder lug on the actual tread.. I run 28.5 Cold PSI in them.

To get my speedo closer, I had to decrease the size down from that measurement.

Last edited:

Trembley

Took A pic...sorry it's Dark out...

IMG_0102[1].jpg

Measurement 33.5"

Set the Flash Cal to 33.25 and my Speedo reads 2mph over actual confirmed via gps

Trembley

Sweet...I just wanted to make sure others were seeing similar results...I'll tweak it a little bit after I have the dealer look at a separate issue tomorrow morning...

Yes I'll remember to set everything back to stock before I hand them the keys lol!!

Thanks Overlander!

Ben

Top Bottom