Light bar thoughts??

Hi fellow best vehicle in the world owners (jku). I live in a area.that is.pitch black and I have.already replaced the headlights but still can't see..someone recommended putting a 20 inch light bar on the front bumper. Any thoughs??

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

Beyrgut

Might want to enter the contest going on right now for a free set of Truck-Lights. Mighty expensive but well worth it from what I've seen if you have to fork out the coin.

1yellowjk

Yeah a 20" lights bar will be as much (if not more) expensive than truck lite. So truck lite x1000 vs light bar.

Untrue....Ridged is not the only light bar maker. Search amazon...ready the reviews and save some money. I have been running my Tuff leds for over a year and love them, WAY cheaper than the name brands.

sent from the john.

Tranquillity

Well I tend to be skeptic, the difference is almost 500$ cheaper!? That's just personal experience but product that are too good to be true have their nasty side that you only see when it's too late. That may not be the case with those though.

http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Lights-Side-LED-Light/dp/B0098SJURO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1376918359&sr=8-2&keywords=rigid+light+bar

Just wondering about this disclaimer on amazon, I believe it is a bit confusing.

DISCLAIMER: MicTuning is not an authorized Tuff LED Lights TM Dealer! ***MicTuning Lights ARE NOT covered under Tuff LED Lights Warranty ***Tuff LED Lights TM is not related to MicTuning in any way****Tuff LED Lights TM will not be held liable or responsible for any issues related to quality, shipping time, costs, repairs or warranties or lack thereof. *****Tuff LED Lights TM is a US Local Seller that will ship your product within One Day from Colorado. NO WAITING for 3 weeks to receive products from overseas.

So since amazon sell those lights via mic tuning and mic tuning says that their light aren't covered by Tuff led lights warranty who's going to cover your light in case of defect/DOA etc? And if MicTuning isn't an authorized dealer how come do they tell people that their light will be shipped directly from Tuff led light?

Not wanting to be an ass here but I'd like to hear more review from people on forum than those on amazon, I hate to say that but a lot are just fake to lure people.

I'm not questioning you're experience either, I'd like to hear from more than just a couple of people because if they are that good, I'm sure going to get one !

Thanks for the inputs I think the light.bar.is the best way to go for me I already have New headlights but its just the design of the jku can't see out on the sides and I need too..deer are everywhere here thanks again and ill take any advice so post up.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1376937380195.jpg
    1376937380195.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 190

Devallee

Rigids are obviously top of the line but there's a company called GGLighting that sells offroad lights and LED bars that are made in the US and work like a champ. Lifetime warranty and whatever else you could want. Might not be rigids but for the price and how well they work, you're getting beyond your moneys worth. I have buddies running these lights and love them. Also offroadleds on Instagram seem like they have some pretty solid lights as well. If you have Instagram you can check both of those pages out :thumb:

Last edited:

2007 JKU

Banned
Here is what I have..true projection Hids..lots better than the majority of what's is available for our JK's that said my 20" light bar cost $230 and blows away them and the window Hids both.

IMG_0890.jpg IMG_1144.jpg

1yellowjk

Well I tend to be skeptic, the difference is almost 500$ cheaper!? That's just personal experience but product that are too good to be true have their nasty side that you only see when it's too late. That may not be the case with those though.

http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Lights-Side-LED-Light/dp/B0098SJURO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1376918359&sr=8-2&keywords=rigid+light+bar

Just wondering about this disclaimer on amazon, I believe it is a bit confusing.

DISCLAIMER: MicTuning is not an authorized Tuff LED Lights TM Dealer! ***MicTuning Lights ARE NOT covered under Tuff LED Lights Warranty ***Tuff LED Lights TM is not related to MicTuning in any way****Tuff LED Lights TM will not be held liable or responsible for any issues related to quality, shipping time, costs, repairs or warranties or lack thereof. *****Tuff LED Lights TM is a US Local Seller that will ship your product within One Day from Colorado. NO WAITING for 3 weeks to receive products from overseas.

So since amazon sell those lights via mic tuning and mic tuning says that their light aren't covered by Tuff led lights warranty who's going to cover your light in case of defect/DOA etc? And if MicTuning isn't an authorized dealer how come do they tell people that their light will be shipped directly from Tuff led light?

Not wanting to be an ass here but I'd like to hear more review from people on forum than those on amazon, I hate to say that but a lot are just fake to lure people.

I'm not questioning you're experience either, I'd like to hear from more than just a couple of people because if they are that good, I'm sure going to get one !

Mic tuning is not the only company or vendor, i bought mine through Tuff and like i said i have had zero issues. I just cant justify the cost of ridged lights no matter how "well" they are made or their warranty. But to each his own.

sent from the john.

loscann48

Rigids are obviously top of the line but there's a company called GGLighting that sells offroad lights and LED bars that are made in the US and work like a champ. Lifetime warranty and whatever else you could want. Might not be rigids but for the price and how well they work, you're getting beyond your moneys worth. I have buddies running these lights and love them. Also offroadleds on Instagram seem like they have some pretty solid lights as well. If you have Instagram you can check both of those pages out :thumb:

Just "googled" GGlighting because it sounded like it could be an option for someone on a tight budget. A bunch of results came up about people complaining they are scaming and stealing. I have no experience with them, just noticed the complaints and figured it was worth a mention.
Sent from my ADR6400L using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
There are a lot of options out there besides rigid. I started a thread and posted the contact information of the place I found mine. I have 2 small 2x2 and a 6" light bar I purchased for much cheaper than the 2 D2s that I have from rigid. I think the light bar was $80! I'm plan to add a 20" lightbar soon and will likely go with the same supplier. I have no complaints about my rigids, but I have no complaints about my off brands either...at a fraction of the cost. ;)

Edit: Here is the link to the thread I started http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?5590-Inexpensive-LEDs-and-HIDs

Last edited:

Devallee

Just "googled" GGlighting because it sounded like it could be an option for someone on a tight budget. A bunch of results came up about people complaining they are scaming and stealing. I have no experience with them, just noticed the complaints and figured it was worth a mention.

Wow well thanks for the heads up. I've never heard about that and my buddies couldn't be happier but I'll keep an eye out anyways :thumb:

loscann48

I saw this as well, but if you search Mictuning on Amazon a bunch of tuff light knock offs come up, I believe Tuff lights is making it know that they are in no way associated with mictuning, and that mictuning lights are mot theirs. A bit confusing at first read though

AZDIESELPIG

I would say 98% of the LED bars on the market are made in china. Rigid claims to be USA made but the bars are made in china with maybe the harness "assembled" and/or imported components simply put together here

alibaba.com

Search Jeep LEd light bars.

I source supplies for my business from china and have looked in to buying lights from some of the vendors. Finally got the lift and all 8 arms installed so Iam going to order a 50" bar soon. If contact then just let them know you want to buy for yourself...even with shipping it probably be less than most sold here.

Although I see EBAY has some good prices.

ttfhell

There are a lot of options out there besides rigid. I started a thread and posted the contact information of the place I found mine. I have 2 small 2x2 and a 6" light bar I purchased for much cheaper than the 2 D2s that I have from rigid. I think the light bar was $80! I'm plan to add a 20" lightbar soon and will likely go with the same supplier. I have no complaints about my rigids, but I have no complaints about my off brands either...at a fraction of the cost. ;)

Edit: Here is the link to the thread I started http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?5590-Inexpensive-LEDs-and-HIDs

Mike,
Where are you going to mount your 20" light bar?
Thanks
Russ

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom