Toyo Open Country 37x1350x17 pull to the right?

ryanc

Every tire I have owned for the jeep pulled one way or the other. My 35 MTRs pulled to the right. My 35 Trail Grapplers pulled to the left. Now my Toyo 37s pull to the right. Is this pretty normal for Toyos to pull right given the large footprint?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i know there are some people who will swear their jeep drives as straight as an arrow with whatever oversized MT they are running but, like you, i have always seen a "radial pull" to one side or another and with toyo's, i have always seen them have a slight pull to the right. the new nitto trail grapplers we're running have a slight pull to the left.

ryanc

Any insight into why? Its funny my nitto and toyos have pulled in opposite directions, but I can not get these tires OUT of balance. I chewed the hell out of my nittos and they continued to run sooooo smooth. Same with my toyos. I could have a row of lugs missing and these still wont shimmy. You would think for tires with a tendency to pull, they would be impossible to balance.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any insight into why? Its funny my nitto and toyos have pulled in opposite directions, but I can not get these tires OUT of balance. I chewed the hell out of my nittos and they continued to run sooooo smooth. Same with my toyos. I could have a row of lugs missing and these still wont shimmy. You would think for tires with a tendency to pull, they would be impossible to balance.

it's what's called "radial pull" most big MT's have it to a degree and clearly, some are more noticable than others.

as far as balancing goes, toyo and nitto are the same company and they're tires are made in one of the worlds most sophisticated plants in the world which is located in righ here in the USA - georgia to be specific. unlike other companies, their manufacturing process is fully automated and because of it, have some of the roundest tires you can buy. i have always just mounted our tires on our beadlocks and gone - never balanced them and never have felt the need to.

ryanc

I should not have used a double negative in my above post. They are the most easiest to balance tires I have ever had is what I meant to say. I did a search and found that everyone practically has a pull. Not a big deal really. Id rather deal with a pull vs ripping sidewalls seen with something like a BFG. The factory they are made is just northwest of Atlanta.

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

i have always just mounted our tires on our beadlocks and gone - never balanced them and never have felt the need to.

Do you use dynabeads or anything? I just bought my toyo OC MT 40's and they are supposed to come in tomorrow. I have 17" Slab Beadlocks so Ill be installing them myself, but was planning on throwing some beads in the tire for the balancing(since I didnt know of anyone who would balance a beadlock)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
StrizzyChris said:
Do you use dynabeads or anything? I just bought my toyo OC MT 40's and they are supposed to come in tomorrow. I have 17" Slab Beadlocks so Ill be installing them myself, but was planning on throwing some beads in the tire for the balancing(since I didnt know of anyone who would balance a beadlock)

Nope - nothing. Just mount and go :)

ncbmx64

i know there are some people who will swear their jeep drives as straight as an arrow with whatever oversized MT they are running but, like you, i have always seen a "radial pull" to one side or another and with toyo's, i have always seen them have a slight pull to the right. the new nitto trail grapplers we're running have a slight pull to the left.

I also have the same thing with my trail grapplers pulling to the left, I am not running 37s like you are but some 295/70/18 and they pull to the left also. Was pretty annoying at first now I am used to it and don't really notice it much anymore. At least now I know its not just me.

Top Bottom