08socalJK's 08 JKU X build

08socalJK

Hey guys, here is a little bit about the Jeep. This is my first vehicle and work part time while going to school so 98% of the stuff that goes on is installed by me and my brother and in the chance something that is above our heads it goes to a shop.

2008 JKU X model silver, bone stock off the dealer lot.

here she is at home next to my brothers H3.

Weird thing was that the previous owner installed power locks...

First mod was the CB install

second mod was VHT nightshade my taillights and bedline the oem steelies

Then it was time for the 4.5in AEV lift, draglink flip and all...

The next morning we went down to pick up some 315/75/16 duratracs

then I realized that I desperately needed some tow points...so I got a great deal on the cheapest classic smittybilt bumper and modified it.

started out like this...

Then recessed the winch for airflow and added a hoop bar and some lights.

Made some windshield light mounts

and then added a rear bumper that sags and allows the the hatch to swing open. It almost killed a person in a honda civic behind me so by brother welded on a tab and a quick release pin so it doesnt open. (ignore my grandmas wheelchair in the pic lol)

then changed CB antennas and added some JKS quick disconnects

then welded on some evo sliders

plastidipped the chrome...

ditched the big old lights for a 10in rigid light and a pair of Dually D2s...

my chromosexual neighbor that had a ugly chromed out jeep was moving and sold me an OEM soft top used 3 times, snow chains, lug nuts for a jeep and a set of OR fab rear tube doors and bestop tube doors for the front all for $250, cant beat that!

more coming soon...

Last edited:

HDGasser

Very nice!

It's just the beginning!

Have you but your brother up to the "follow me, I'm sure you'll make it!" Yet?!

08socalJK

Thanks guys there is much more to come! I actually have some more stuff done to the jeep since I stopped in the first post. I will continue that soon

Lookin good...Love the pictures of the H3 without doors in your welcome thread haha

Thanks, he has helped me a lot with my jeep and has really pushed the limits of his H3. 99% of them are mall crawlers, the 1% that does wheel only half of that percent wheels hard stuff. He loves it because its unique. He did a spring over for his rear suspension and only 7 other H3s in the world have a spring over and less then 10 of them have solid axle swaps done. They are surprisingly decent in stock form. His rancho lift in the front and spring over in the rear really made it much more capable. They have 4:1 gearing in the t case and a rear locker. It always turns heads on the trail. Here are some pics of his 3. then we will get back to my jeep :rock:

First H3 to ever complete mottino wash

some scrapes

sluice box

Moab, escalator

Hes waiting to blow up the front diff and start a solid axle swap.

Now enough of him...lol

After I got the doors and the soft top and all that other stuff I added a 40in rigid bar with a gobi mount, I got it for a good deal.

then I trimmed the already damaged fenders...

more to come...

Last edited:
Top Bottom