1350 JE REEL upgrade

KernHydro

I was curious if any one has opted to get the canyon crawler upgrade on the 1350 je reel. Is it necessary? If I understand right it has a beefer spline and cost a extra $150. I have a jku 2012..going to run 35s now and maybe 37s in the future.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I was curious if any one has opted to get the canyon crawler upgrade on the 1350 je reel. Is it necessary? If I understand right it has a beefer spline and cost a extra $150. I have a jku 2012..going to run 35s now and maybe 37s in the future.

they use thicker tubing as well. I'd go for it

KernHydro

I have a 12'... so half the reson I'm changing the dline is to clear the y pipe? How much bigger is it . I know WOL used the 1350 does he have the upgrade?

MTG

Caught the Bug
I have a '12, 4" lift, 35s and went with 1310s. No clearance issues. If you know you are going 37s the 1350 is probably a good idea. If not, it's probably not necessary. That said, there is plenty of clearance with the 1310 and I can't imagine there would be any with the other. WOL will probably chime in as well with a better answer.

Last edited:

KernHydro

I understand that the 1350 works fine. I was asking who has the canyon crawler upgrade? Is it worth it..The tube is larger on that option; how much affect does it have on the clearance of the y pipe? BTW I have the jku 6spd. So the tcase is farther back; doesnt that take away some clearance when it come to the y pipe and new shaft?

nacho

If you are going to run a short arm lift, get the upgrade for the rear driveshaft. With the length of the JKU the rear driveshaft gets rock contact on ledges from time to time. 1310s on a lifted JKUR is a waste of money.... I know. As far as the front goes, I would get a little contact on the crossover pipe. my set up flexs about as far as any shortarm can. Longarm lifts do not seem to have the problem as often.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I understand that the 1350 works fine. I was asking who has the canyon crawler upgrade? Is it worth it..The tube is larger on that option; how much affect does it have on the clearance of the y pipe? BTW I have the jku 6spd. So the tcase is farther back; doesnt that take away some clearance when it come to the y pipe and new shaft?

yes, having a 6-speed will take away some of your clearance and that might be reason enough to not get the upgrade. while nice, it's not really necessary as if you're gonna have a drive shaft failure, it'll most likely happen at the u-joint and 1350's are pretty tough.

KernHydro

That's what I was thinking I see the 1350 on rigs that are in alot of demanding situations and I don't think mine will see the much stress as I have seen 1350 take.

KernHydro

...so the cc upgrade for me is not really nessasary I'm going to run 35s in fact 1310 would work too probably but I'll still 1350s.

KernHydro

JE REEL Canyon Crawler Update

I called JE REEL today and asked about the 2012 drive lines and what the canyon crawler upgrade is. He said it was a thicker tube but its not any bigger in diameter. He also said it should clear the y-pipe up to a 6" lift on manual trans (2012). Just thought I would share the info.:beer:

Top Bottom