Moab Sept 14 - 21

coach

Hey folks! We're finally making the trek to Moab and trailering in all the way from Kentucky. We will be out there from the morning of Saturday September 14 through the 2sth or 22nd. Unfortunately, we will be on our own and won't know anyone out that way. Fairly decently built 95 YJ, 106" wheelbase, three link front, HP D44 front/9" rear, chromoly shafts, locked front and rear, 38" tires, etc. Was hoping to be able to hop into some groups heading out on the trails throughout the week and also take on a night ride or two. Could really use some riding partners with similarly capable rigs interested in some of the challenging trails in the area.

Thanks Eddie for the MOAB : Pilgrimage to the Promised Land video. It's what really inspired me to make this trip.

Last edited:

Spartan

Trail guide book

I would get this trail guide. We have used it on several trips to Moab. While it isn't perfect it's still the best Moab trail guide book I have found. Have ran into alot of other people on the trails using the same book. It's cheapest to buy it online, but they also sell it at a few different places in Moab.

It's always safer and more fun to got with more then one rig, but we have run alot of the trail easy-mod trails by ourselfs in a JKUR with a 2.5in TF BB and a few other minor mods.

For a trail with a little bit of everything from easy sand tracks with great view to good sized waterfalls I would go with Poision Sypider. It's not a super hard, but still a really good one I think.

http://www.funtreks.com/index.php?o...ductdetails&virtuemart_product_id=6&Itemid=32

coach

Thanks for the reply. :) I do have Charles Wells guide on the way. The easy scenic places like you mentioned I'd feel more comfortable running on our own no problem, but we will definitely want more of a challenge as well. 1600 miles each way without doing Area BFE, Pritchett, Metal Masher, Hell's Revenge, etc would be a hard pill to swallow. :beer:

Spartan

Thanks for the reply. :) I do have Charles Wells guide on the way. The easy scenic places like you mentioned I'd feel more comfortable running on our own no problem, but we will definitely want more of a challenge as well. 1600 miles each way without doing Area BFE, Pritchett, Metal Masher, Hell's Revenge, etc would be a hard pill to swallow. :beer:

Played around some in Area BFE there is a good mix of easy to hard there
Hell's Revenge I would put in about the same level as Posion Spyider. neather of them are to crazy and can be run by a JKUR with a 2.5 TF BB, Stock Rubi tires, and a midwith or stubby front bumper.

haven't done Pritchett or Metal Masher, but I have driven but the start of Metal Masher and done some of the of trails in that area. I plan on doing Golden Spike and Gold Crack next year went I go down to Moab. There trail head is close to Metal Masher. You can get some nice full flex pics at Golden Crack.

Kane Creek, and Behind the Rocks are to of the more hardcore in addition to Pritchett from what I have been told

Elephant Hill is a fun trail, but it's a long drive to the trail head. If I remeber right it was 1-1.5hrs out of the town of Moab just to get to the trail head.

Fins & things is right next to Hell's Revenge, and is only a tad bit easier. You could run both these in the same day with no problem.

Spartan

A few more things. If it's still there they have a little hole in the wall Mexican Place that is really good.(I don't remeber the name of it, but it was the only place with a blue door around.) It was across from the Moab T-shirt shop(the home of Splat Man! and the only place to get splat man stickers. It;s also a good place to get trail name sticker for your rear window or any other place you want to put them.

coach

I've been taking down a list of recommendations for places to eat as well. I've heard Moab Brewery was definitely a place to check out as well. The trails you mentioned, especially Elephant Hill are on the to-do list. I don't mind the drive. I plan on trailering down for that one.

Top Bottom