Regearing as first mod

LVJeepney

I was think of getting my gears changed out prior to getting a lift (2.5) and new wheels (35's). I saw on off road evolution webpage, they had a special for 999$, for any gears plus install. I'm willing to drive from Las Vegas to Fullerton, to get the work done as I feel that this is a good deal. I called in to EVO and the guy I spoke to said it would take two days for the install. My only concern is the drive back to Vegas. Is that too long of a drive to break in the new gears. Would I make it back or do I have to stop and change out the gear oil. Any advise for this who have regeared.

I have a 2013 Sport 4 door, with an Auto tran, I believe 3.21 and wanting to change to 4.88 or 5.13. The jeep will be driven back and forth from Vegas to SF Bayarea a couple of times a year.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
No you will be fine with that drive. I would wait until you get the tires to regear though. Get a programmer to adjust for tire size and see if you really want a regear. If your plan is to never go more them 35's 4.88's will suit you well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No you will be fine with that drive. I would wait until you get the tires to regear though. Get a programmer to adjust for tire size and see if you really want a regear. If your plan is to never go more them 35's 4.88's will suit you well.

What he said. Just getting your shift points on is enough to keep most folks happy.

flotto

couldn't agree more. I have a 2012 auto with the 3.21 and have no desire to regear at this time and I'm running 35s. didn't feel like a I lost much when I lifted and put bigger tires on. just my 2¢.

LVJeepney

Thank you all for the info and update. I was concerned about my future travels to and from Vegas to SF with 35's and a lift. I guess

mrmet1983

i have a 2013 auto with 35s and regeared to 513 and love it since my elevations change a lot where i live. 513 is a little much for 35s but im getting 37s soon and they are fine for now, i personally love my 513s

Top Bottom