Heli coils

billybob990

Has any one here used them? Do they work? My caliper bolt fell out the other day and I tried putting an oversized bolt kit in it and they aren't big enough... Will a heli coil work and be safe for this?

Army_Vet

Banned
Has any one here used them? Do they work? My caliper bolt fell out the other day and I tried putting an oversized bolt kit in it and they aren't big enough... Will a heli coil work and be safe for this?

I've seen it used with good results and more times than not, poor results. Its hit or miss IMHO

Be sure your area is clean and free from any oily residue. Use loc-tite when inserting the heli coil. give the loc-tite time to set up. last but not least do not over torque the bolt.

I have used them several times when performing maintenance on helicopters.

If installed correctly they will last longer thand threads.

R/
Will

billybob990

Thanks. I guess it had been wore out for a while because it was completely gone i bought new bolts and the coils. My brakes feel a bit better now since its not pulling to the left and not make that Damn rattling haha

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I've used them many times on aluminum and steel and the only trouble I had was when I messed up the install. There's one on the exhaust mount of my Harley that has endured nearly twenty years of bad vibes. No worries! Good luck!!:thumb:

Top Bottom