Randum

Drumr90

Well i dont where to put this so eddie can move it if i got it in wrong area. Now ive been bounceing back and forth from mustang forums to f150 forums and here. Just trying to figure out what i want to get as next vehical. I like this forum the best and jeeps the best not because of heritage ir capability but because of how nice the people are who own jeeps. Every other forum someone is dishing the other persons ride or have millions of posts with no anwsers.

I will most likely be gettin a jeep in the next couple yrs. im only 22 so i got time to get one. It will probaly be a simple one with little lift dew to my lack of money and the kind of wheeling i do.

ichthus

Why wait? Just buy an older one now and keep it simple. Enjoy the Jeep stock and learn its capabilities and then mod when a great deal comes along or u save the money.

Yeah, you'll NEVER find a community of owners more inviting and friendly than Jeep owners. There's no competitiveness and generally we allow others to have their own opinions and mod to their preference (too much chrome or wheels too big for your tires won't get you a ton of compliments though...)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well i dont where to put this so eddie can move it if i got it in wrong area. Now ive been bounceing back and forth from mustang forums to f150 forums and here. Just trying to figure out what i want to get as next vehical. I like this forum the best and jeeps the best not because of heritage ir capability but because of how nice the people are who own jeeps. Every other forum someone is dishing the other persons ride or have millions of posts with no anwsers.

I will most likely be gettin a jeep in the next couple yrs. im only 22 so i got time to get one. It will probaly be a simple one with little lift dew to my lack of money and the kind of wheeling i do.

this is where you should have posted up and, as ichthus said, why wait? if you've got a little cash, i might just get an older jeep and have fun with it until i could afford to get something better. :yup:

GCM 2

I am with the other guys on this one, if you really like Jeeps start out with an older model JK '07-'11 (or even a nice TJ), one that maybe even has a few light modifications to it. And if you do find one you are highly interested in, this forum is a great place to ask some questions before you make the purchase. Good luck with your decision with whatever you buy, keep us posted :)

Drumr90

Ive been lookin. Just got to wait till promotion at work. Im onlyone work i let the wife stay at home with our son. I did find a real nice tj low miles and under 15000. Lol well see with time.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ive been lookin. Just got to wait till promotion at work. Im onlyone work i let the wife stay at home with our son. I did find a real nice tj low miles and under 15000. Lol well see with time.

TJ's are real nice and i even like XJ's a lot. heck, i have even been able to find some really clean ZJ's for dirt cheap - as low as $500. you just gotta be looking around and i think you'll be surprised at what you find :yup:

Drumr90

Ye i did find a xj for 3000 but had almost 200,000 on it. I want a 4 door more for the easyness of puttin our son in.

Thanks for everyones input i grately apretiate it.
Ill talk to the wife about gettin an xj soon.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Ye i did find a xj for 3000 but had almost 200,000 on it. I want a 4 door more for the easyness of puttin our son in.

Thanks for everyones input i grately apretiate it.
Ill talk to the wife about gettin an xj soon.

thats not a bad price for your area. You can do better with less miles..

Drumr90

ChrisB said:
thats not a bad price for your area. You can do better with less miles..

Ye i have found a few around 5 to 8 thousand milage under 150 thousand. Just wish i has the little extra cash a mounth to inshure it. Lol

Prime8

Drumr90 said:
Ye i have found a few around 5 to 8 thousand milage under 150 thousand. Just wish i has the little extra cash a mounth to inshure it. Lol

My first jeep was an XJ. Sold it with about 200k miles in it. Engine still ran great. The 4.0L was bulletproof. Automatic tranny went out around 190,000, but that's still pretty good. If you look for an XJ though, make sure to THOROUGHLY inspect it for rust. I had mine in AZ (the best place to buy one) where rust isn't much of an issue, but older jeeps are notorious for rust issues. Just a heads up. They stopped making the XJ in 2001, so don't automatically judge one as having "too many miles" because they'll all be high mileage. Just find one that was well maintained or you'll be in for a lot of expensive headaches.

Drumr90

Ye ive heard those 4.0 are bulletproof. My uncle had a 2000 cherekee with almost 300,000. Also the wife wont let me buy it unless im 100% shure it will run for a wile with little to no prob.

Top Bottom