Stock Controls and Flex Joints??

aaronstephen

Is this possible to run aftermarket flex joints with the stock control arms? My bushings are pretty worn and I do not need new arms. Thought maybe I could swap the bushings for something more flexible. Any thoughts? Is this possible?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Factory arms use bonded rubber bushings and, unless you have crazy big flex, they should last a long time. I can't imagine that yours would be worn out already but, if they are, no, you wouldn't be able to just replace them with something else. Or, at least, not very easily.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
His profile says he is running metal cloak control arms

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Maybe so but, his question was specifically in regards to the possibility of running "aftermarket flex joints" with "stock control arms". :idontknow:

aaronstephen

Factory arms use bonded rubber bushings and, unless you have crazy big flex, they should last a long time. I can't imagine that yours would be worn out already but, if they are, no, you wouldn't be able to just replace them with something else. Or, at least, not very easily.

Thx Eddie. It was a shot in the dark. I'll maybe look in the direction of maybe replacing the arms then. Would be nice to get some caster back.

Regarding my profile... I need to update it. I sold that Jeep. I have a 2 door now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thx Eddie. It was a shot in the dark. I'll maybe look in the direction of maybe replacing the arms then. Would be nice to get some caster back.

Regarding my profile... I need to update it. I sold that Jeep. I have a 2 door now.

Well, like I said, you can do it but, not very easily. It would involve cutting and welding and, if you were so determined, it could be done. To me, it just isn't worth it. You can get some caster back with just a set of adjustable lowers. :yup:

Top Bottom